PDA

View Full Version : Everyone talks about it.. I cant find it... any help?

N400Ex
01-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Im lookin at buyin a 2004 yfz... What is the "cam mod".. i kno a bunch of you guys are shakin your heads cause everyone talks about it lol... but what actually is it and how do you do it? And also... what are some of the other modifications you guys made... I wanna put a pipe and jet it... but is there any other little secrets to this machine that I can do? Thanks alot-

gbcap
01-17-2007, 11:22 AM
i think everyone is setting the timing back one tooth...but i am not sure. maybe if you search for yfz timing that might hlep?

harescrambles
01-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by N400Ex
Im lookin at buyin a 2004 yfz... What is the "cam mod".. i kno a bunch of you guys are shakin your heads cause everyone talks about it lol... but what actually is it and how do you do it? And also... what are some of the other modifications you guys made... I wanna put a pipe and jet it... but is there any other little secrets to this machine that I can do? Thanks alot-

found this
cam mod (http://www.yfzcentral.com/cammod.htm)

N400Ex
01-18-2007, 08:15 AM
thanks alot man... anybody have any other tips for the yfz that i should know about... i dont really race but i definitly hit the mx tracks alot just for fun... hardly any trails... just wonderin if anyone else has any tricks up there sleeve....

Bill Fuller
01-18-2007, 05:25 PM
I still ride my '04 and still say it's the best ATV I have ridden. As far as tricks I would invest in a TRX90 thumb throttle. Some people have even replaced the carb spring for even easier pull.I relocated my rear brake resivior. I have installed the WR crank and did the oil mod also. As far as internal mods I like it just as it is. I have a full HMF exhaust and a U.M. aluminium air box that accepts a 250R air filter because the stock set up is crappy. I also got a Houser stock length swing arm so I could do away with the crappy chain adjustment. I also run Kawasaki V Force tie rod ends with 250 +1 tie rods. A arms are week look for spares on Ebay or upgrade. Check the oil screen in the oil tank.

Bill Fuller
01-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I forgot to add that I have not done the cam mod. I have been told that it is not very effective for woods riding. The WR kit was all that it needed.

outlawed1
01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=59800