PDA

View Full Version : piston for a suzuki on a 250R??

250R_SV
01-16-2007, 09:38 PM
has anyone tried or heard about installing a wiseco piston 0.7 for a suzuki 250r into a trx250R cylinder?? comments???
I ask because a friend is trying to do so on a ported cylinder he got and he already had the piston in his workshop, hes using a spacer too.

CorvetteZ06
01-16-2007, 10:00 PM
i have never heard of using suzuki pistons in the Honda, niether the RM or quad racers. I have seen yamaha yz pistons used though. :)

RichM1983
01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah I have heard of it. I cant remember the reason though. I think its because you can get larger pistons than you can get for the 87,88,89 R cylinder. If you go over to www.everything2stroke.com and search you will find a discussion on it.

Scott-300ex
01-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Might as well just buy the right one for the right quad, unless he found one for free, but I'd still spend the money just to do it right.

And if the wrist pin doesn't sit in the right place you would have the piston hittin your head, and needless to say, you don't want that. Unless you want to get a new rod so it would work.

RichM1983
01-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Might as well just buy the right one for the right quad, unless he found one for free, but I'd still spend the money just to do it right.

And if the wrist pin doesn't sit in the right place you would have the piston hittin your head, and needless to say, you don't want that. Unless you want to get a new rod so it would work.

This modification has nothing to do with doing it right or wrong. Theres a purpose to doing it I just cant remember what it is. Go to www.everything2stroke.com and search and you will find the reasons.

fiveOnick
01-22-2007, 03:26 PM
There are reasons to do the opposite and put a TRX piston in a LT but I cannot think of any reason to put a LT piston in a TRX.