PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Justice

ShiftFMX
01-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Is anyone here going to school for Criminal justice? I'm pretty sure this is what I would like to go to school for. I've been out of high school for almost a year now and think its time to get back into some classes.

If you are studying this...is it everything you expected it to be? Is it interesting? Do you regret it?

Blue250X
01-16-2007, 07:13 PM
My uncle is goin to be a cop, I assume thats what your talking about, but he really likes it, he likes the workout hes getting, he says it reminds him of basic training for the army, only differant, I forget his reason, but yes, he really likes it there. No regrets so far.

ShiftFMX
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Awesome, Do you know how intense his schooling is?? Like is it overwhelming? I will still be working 40 hours a week and going to school :ermm:

Blue250X
01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Awesome, Do you know how intense his schooling is?? Like is it overwhelming? I will still be working 40 hours a week and going to school :ermm:

Man I wish I knew, I don't talk to him much about it or much at all. But all I ever hear him say is good, but I think he goes there for 2 weeks at a time (actually I have no clue how long but that sounds right) and he doesn't have a job, so I don't know if you will be able to hold one or not. As far as I know schooling isnt overwhelming, you just have to be in shape. Thats all I can give ya.

I-7
01-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Im going to school for Criminal Justice. Doing 4 years at SUNY Oneonta and I would like to get my masters at albany.

If its something that you enjoy and like the work is not overwhelming. You will probably find many of the topics very interesting so it is not too tedious.

01-17-2007, 12:44 AM
i learned alot about criminal justice whenver i got arrested

wicked13
01-17-2007, 01:08 AM
I was a civilian cop for 8 years and I have my criminal justice degree. The degree itself hasn't helped with being a cop, but it does give you a broader perspective of law. I am currently finishing up my law degree which is tough. Damn I hate school, but IMO it is a great degree to have. Good luck!