PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake

banchee dave
01-16-2007, 06:28 PM
So who's looking forward to this years first trip to the dunes? Should be an interesting year to say the least. Who's willing to test the rumers?

ShiftFMX
01-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by banchee dave
So who's looking forward to this years first trip to the dunes? Should be an interesting year to say the least. Who's willing to test the rumers?

What are these rumors you speak of?? lol

I am def hitting up the dunes in April hopefully!

firefighterjosh
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
My first trip is june 1st:D Accualyl I will be there the 31st and stay all weekend

Chris S.
01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I go there every chance I get during the season, which adds up to about 6 to 8 times each year. I would like to know what rumors you are talking about. I haven't heard anything unusual about this upcoming year. What do you know?

banchee dave
01-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I have heard that you won't be able to tow into the parking lot anymore and that they( the DNR) plans on a 35 mph speed limit throughout the dunes. Rumer as far as I know. They already posted the 25 mph limit along the beach which when I heard of that, that was only a rumer. Then I saw it first hand.

400EXTRA
01-19-2007, 02:18 PM
IM GOING MY FIRST TIME THIS SUMMER

banchee dave
01-19-2007, 02:20 PM
you'll have a great time just don't do what I did my first time I went and jump that first big hill. Real steep decline on the other side!

Chris S.
01-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Your saying that you heard someone say you won't be able to tow to the parking lot. My guess would be that means you can't pull your buggy or quad behind a vehicle with a tow strap. Trailers will still be permitted or that place will be a ghost town. If they enforce pulling vehicles down the roads by tow stap, that would not surprise because that is illegal in most states anyway. I see quite a few people who do that so its just a matter of time before someone has an accident and ruins it for everybody. A 35 mph speed limit would suck but they don't enforce the 25 mph speed limit at the beach so I guess that wouldn't be that big of deal. I know alot of local bussiness that rent vehicles and do tours have been complaining about how dangerous the dunes have gotten over the last few years. Vehicles just keep getting faster and the locals just keep getting older. Hope nothing changes up there, its the only place within a reasonable driving distance to go.

banchee dave
01-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I agree with you on everything you said. besides how do we know how fast we are going anyways. my banshee doesn't have a speedometer. i go as fast as the person next to me. I also think the biggest part to the problem is the people new to riding and to the dunes. I've been cut off by young kids and a quite a few of those rental buggies and jeeps. some of the people don't care and that is what causes most of the accidents that I have seen. If the locals want continuing business I think there has to be a little blind eye to a few things I think. Hell, last year there was two monster trucks rolling around on the roads and I know they weren't road legal. I will be there and will have as much fun as I can while I am there, rain or shine.

trailwart
01-20-2007, 04:15 PM
"I will be there and will have as much fun as I can while I am there, rain or shine."

behind me brother!

banchee dave
01-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by trailwart
"I will be there and will have as much fun as I can while I am there, rain or shine."

behind me brother!

your so full of crap. you'll blow up before you even have a chance to pass me. Even if you do pass me it will be when I miss a shift or when I feel sorry for you. :devil:

SandNut777
02-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Boys I cant wait! We have our first trip to the dunes on April 18. I bought my Quad to do just this GO TO SILVER LAKE I love it there.Look me up. Ill probably do 6 or 7 trips this year also.Heres the quad pic. No wires under the back fender.

SandNut777
02-02-2007, 09:07 PM
OH Girls by the way ill be the 1 throwing sand in your face with my new paddles LOL.

tooanxiousii
02-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by SandNut777
OH Girls by the way ill be the 1 throwing sand in your face with my new paddles LOL.

You better wake up if you think your going to throw sand in my face..... I'll be there in April ready to race :devil:

firefighterjosh
02-07-2007, 03:16 AM
Don't jump too high:eek2:

My bud Z

Honda5
02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Well we are planning on making the trip in the last full week in July right after Quad Fest. This will be our 4th trip to Silver Lake and we Love It! Just wish we didn't live so far away. Hope the DNR cracks down on the crazy people and not the ones that look out for everyone else. That's is the only problem you have so many dumb people out there and it ruins it for everyone.

banchee dave
02-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda5
Well we are planning on making the trip in the last full week in July right after Quad Fest. This will be our 4th trip to Silver Lake and we Love It! Just wish we didn't live so far away. Hope the DNR cracks down on the crazy people and not the ones that look out for everyone else. That's is the only problem you have so many dumb people out there and it ruins it for everyone.
holy crap thats a long drive