PDA

View Full Version : Axle locknut?

drifterx
01-16-2007, 06:19 PM
My buddy has a 2000 blaster he just got, used, used hard too, but he bought it for 700 bucks, on a fresh rebuild, new plastics, carb, tires, and a 250r shock. He stopped riding the other day, and told me his rear end felt wiered. I rode it, and it felt like it had slop in the axle whenever i turned right. I looked, and it doesn't have a locknut on the right side of the brake rotor like my 300ex does. It looks like something is missing, his bare splines are showing, and there was rubbery stuff that we peeled off. What is suppose to be there? I'm not firmiliar with a blaster, so any pointers? Thanks!

blaster99
01-16-2007, 06:30 PM
theres no lock nut on the break rotar side. theres 2 nuts on the sproket hub side though. you need to tighten the inside one to the sproket hub then thigten the 2nd on at the sproket hub. then the inside on back out at the outside lock nut. i forgot the tourqe, but ill have it fresh in my memory soon ,im tearing down the blaster in like 3 days so ill know it lol. but jack it up on the rear and see if the axle moves at all.. he might need some new bearings

mobileblaster
01-17-2007, 05:06 PM
go to www.powersportspro.com and look on the parts phisch. It will show you a parts breakdown for any component on the quad.

Xater
01-19-2007, 12:48 PM
the brake hub is a floating hub so if the rubber peals off you will see the spindles.