PDA

View Full Version : question on PRM belly skid install?

250Xtreame
01-16-2007, 06:17 PM
i was going to bolt on my new prm skid tonight, and i am running the gt xc link and they are dam close, and i dont like the clearance issues,, do i have to cut the tab down on the last mounting point for clearance or will it clear through full travel once everything is bolted down??

ajr400ex
01-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I have the XC link and it is close but have had no issues or signs of it hitting the PRM engine skid. The swingarm skid needs alot of work to fit.

Lonestar_R
01-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I have the Derisi Linkage and my PRM Skid was cut from the Factory I still had to put washers under the skid to get it to clear.

Sjorge450R
01-17-2007, 05:29 AM
can you guys take a picture of how to the belly skid mounts for me please? I am about to get my piece of cut 3/16" aluminum and I need to know where the companys bolt it to the frame..

gbcap
01-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
can you guys take a picture of how to the belly skid mounts for me please? I am about to get my piece of cut 3/16" aluminum and I need to know where the companys bolt it to the frame..

the big thing you need to have done on the one your having made is the recess the bolts on the bottom side so they don't drag/snag when you hit something with the skid. don't want to break bolts off and then have the skid fall off in a race.

as far as the first quest...you could cut that lil tab off the back of the skid with no problem. you will also have to trim the s/a skid to get that to fit with the linkage.

Sjorge450R
01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
the big thing you need to have done on the one your having made is the recess the bolts on the bottom side so they don't drag/snag when you hit something with the skid. don't want to break bolts off and then have the skid fall off in a race.

as far as the first quest...you could cut that lil tab off the back of the skid with no problem. you will also have to trim the s/a skid to get that to fit with the linkage.

I thought about that, but I never did that on my 300 and it was fine. I just replaced the bolts every once in a while....