PDA

View Full Version : help!!

400excaleb
01-16-2007, 05:32 PM
i was going to race someone and we was in the grass and it is slick, well i put it in 2nd gear and lend up and rev up high and then when i took off i held it wide open hittin the rev limiter and popped the clutch out and it took off but not fast at all, the front tires didnt come off the ground and didnt even spin, what do u think it is, the clutch slippen or what

400excaleb
01-17-2007, 04:10 PM
also when ever i ride i can hold it wide open and it seems to rev up and down till rev up all the way

blasterandy
01-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Clean ur carbs. Is it jetted properly. Also you sound like a jack*****(no offense)as Ricky Bobby would say(with all do respect) for reving the quads engine that high. Yea there meant to be at higher rpms but forcing the engine to run like that is bad on it. Especialy if ur just holding the clutch in, then dropping it like that is horrible for it. Just think your cramming two metal gears together one sitting completely still the other turning 7-8 thousand revo's. Thats enough to chip anything. My guess is it sounds like a carb problem but with the stress you put on the engine i wouldn't be suprised if its tranny is screwed all to hell.

400excaleb
01-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
Clean ur carbs. Is it jetted properly. Also you sound like a jack*****(no offense)as Ricky Bobby would say(with all do respect) for reving the quads engine that high. Yea there meant to be at higher rpms but forcing the engine to run like that is bad on it. Especialy if ur just holding the clutch in, then dropping it like that is horrible for it. Just think your cramming two metal gears together one sitting completely still the other turning 7-8 thousand revo's. Thats enough to chip anything. My guess is it sounds like a carb problem but with the stress you put on the engine i wouldn't be suprised if its tranny is screwed all to hell.

well actually my dad races 4 wheelers and thats how he and everone else take off the line ands that is what he told me to do, and my carb does not need to be cleaned, it is brand new and has less than 10 hrs of no dust ridin on it and jetted just about perfect

blasterandy
01-17-2007, 08:11 PM
ahhh. i see. i really don't know. Sry i couldn't be of more help.

zrpilot
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
If I did that with my 400EX, I would be looking at the sky and the 400 would be on top of me.

I also kinda have to agree with Blasterandy, not the best thing to do to your quad.

Look to make sure your clutch cable is adjusted correctly. Purchase a manual unless you already have one.

blasterandy
01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Same here. It really sounds like somethings wrong with the carb. But it could be wrong with engine compression or the throttle cable.

Taylor400ex
01-18-2007, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by zrpilot
If I did that with my 400EX, I would be looking at the sky and the 400 would be on top of me.

I also kinda have to agree with Blasterandy, not the best thing to do to your quad.

Look to make sure your clutch cable is adjusted correctly. Purchase a manual unless you already have one.

I had half to agree with zrpilot, the same thing happened on a 125 i use to have, at first it scared me thought something was jacked up NOPE it was because the clutch wasnt adjusted.

Always check out the easy stuff first, then go from there, doesnt sound like a carb problem, but hey ya never know. Check your clutch cable and possibly it mught need new clutches.

chris46250r
01-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Same here. It really sounds like somethings wrong with the carb. But it could be wrong with engine compression or the throttle cable.

Caleb it sounds like the clutches are slipping. Pay no attention to this guy ^^^^^, he may even tell you that its the left rear tire low on air.

400excaleb
01-18-2007, 10:58 AM
so to adjust my clutch i just tighten or loosen till get 3/8" of play in clutch lever, thats what it said in owners manual

Taylor400ex
01-18-2007, 12:35 PM
if thats what the owners manual said then thats per honda. it hasnt ever messed mine up yet.

yea but you might want to check the tire pressure it could be it too LOLOLOLOLOL chris46250r that was awesome

Slinky
01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 400excaleb
well actually my dad races 4 wheelers and thats how he and everone else take off the line ands that is what he told me to do, and my carb does not need to be cleaned, it is brand new and has less than 10 hrs of no dust ridin on it and jetted just about perfect
if your dad races then he should know whats wrong with it..why not go ask him?

"THE ShoP"
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
an when your racing you hold the throttle down steady bout 3/4 an slip the clutch alittle so you don't just spin the wheels

blasterandy
01-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Man i now what ur saying about it being the clutch.Kinda what i thought but i don't know the signs of clutch problems. When i said the throttle cable may need adjusting the being because of how he is saying the engine is idling up and down this is a common problem with 400ex i know my ex did the exact same thing right when i bought it. Anything could help him. So you never know. I am still not quite sure i understand the problem. Did the engine do this while you were holdin the clutch in before the race or during the race. Does it do it now or has the problem subsided what about after you ride it for a while. And the O and by the way if you plan on talking $hit all it does is says how immature you are. I could go off and start calling you a noob but true be told i don't feel like fighting on the net. Sry if my advice doesn't help you.
Tell us when you find out what when wrong with it.
Drew :D

JOEX
01-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Slinky
if your dad races then he should know whats wrong with it..why not go ask him?
The pilot isn't always the mechanic;)

blasterandy
01-18-2007, 03:48 PM
True dat

Slinky
01-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
The pilot isn't always the mechanic;) but the pilot should always know how to take care of their machine...if you cant wrench on what you ride you shouldnt ride it, but i guess then no repair shops would be in business.

400excaleb
01-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Slinky
but the pilot should always know how to take care of their machine...if you cant wrench on what you ride you shouldnt ride it, but i guess then no repair shops would be in business.

i didnt say it was idlin up and down, but when i give it gas and go it revs up and down. and i did ask my dad and he said it was probly the clutch slippin so i got on here and asked so i didnt waste my money on buying a clutch kit and it not fix it, and how do u say is talkin s***, and also i do no how to work on my stuff, i dont need someone else to do it i just like to no what is exactly wrong before i fix it.

Slinky
01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 400excaleb
i didnt say it was idlin up and down, but when i give it gas and go it revs up and down. and i did ask my dad and he said it was probly the clutch slippin so i got on here and asked so i didnt waste my money on buying a clutch kit and it not fix it, and how do u say is talkin s***, and also i do no how to work on my stuff, i dont need someone else to do it i just like to no what is exactly wrong before i fix it. pull the clutch out and look at your plates and friction material...the manual should give you a spec on how much material should be there, also if your plates are discolored (blued) your clutch is probably bad....if everything looks good, just scuff the plates a little bit and put it back together.

chris46250r
01-19-2007, 05:04 AM
Man i now what ur saying about it being the clutch.Kinda what i thought but i don't know the signs of clutch problems. When i said the throttle cable may need adjusting the being because of how he is saying the engine is idling up and down this is a common problem with 400ex i know my ex did the exact same thing right when i bought it. Anything could help him. So you never know. I am still not quite sure i understand the problem. Did the engine do this while you were holdin the clutch in before the race or during the race. Does it do it now or has the problem subsided what about after you ride it for a while. And the O and by the way if you plan on talking $hit all it does is says how immature you are. I could go off and start calling you a noob but true be told i don't feel like fighting on the net. Sry if my advice doesn't help you.
Tell us when you find out what when wrong with it.
Drew :D

Let me guess, your one of those who thinks that the more post's you have the smarter you are. So maybe I need to make 20 or 30 idiot post's a day so my post count will go up and I can be a genius just like you. I think you have confused talking $hit and talking the truth.

400excaleb
01-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Let me guess, your one of those who thinks that the more post's you have the smarter you are. So maybe I need to make 20 or 30 idiot post's a day so my post count will go up and I can be a genius just like you. I think you have confused talking $hit and talking the truth.

I was thinkin the same thing