PDA

View Full Version : which F.I. module to get?

cbr
01-16-2007, 04:54 PM
i need input on which f.i. module to get ; between the yosh., trinity, sparks, alba, cobra. any help is appreciated!

AL Elks
01-16-2007, 05:16 PM
The only two I would even think about looking at is either the Powercommander or the Yoshi FIMAK and PIM.

I'm switching out the PIM and FIMAK for the Powercommander soon because I just bought a laptop and it takes a laptop to program the Powercommander plus it has an accelerator pump function.

Plus for the PIM and FIMAK is that you do not need a laptop to program it.

cbr
01-16-2007, 05:25 PM
i was kinda shying away from the yosh. since you need to use the fimak to make more adjustments. but when i get my income tax back, i will be getting a f.i. module.

NDpredator
01-17-2007, 05:45 AM
As far as the power commander goes you don't need a laptop to program it. The power commander comes with a 9v adapter so that you can download maps to the PC from your regular desktop computer.

//derrick//

Colby@C&DRacing
01-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by NDpredator
As far as the power commander goes you don't need a laptop to program it. The power commander comes with a 9v adapter so that you can download maps to the PC from your regular desktop computer.

//derrick//

True.

I really like the feature of the PC

suzukiray
01-17-2007, 10:22 PM
With the adjustability on the trail, the ease of install, ease of adjustment, & under $200.00 price tag I LOVE my Dynatek! Why spend more if you don't NEED to? Ray.

Derno24
01-18-2007, 05:21 AM
The Power Commander is definitely the way to go. Only 2 systems have the ability to play with timing and have maps built for them. They are the Power Commander and PIM/Fimak. I just don't want to spend $500 to get the Yoshi version not to mention the PC has been making units for fuel injection for years for the street bike crowd so they know what they are doing.

cbr
01-18-2007, 03:26 PM
well, im down to the trinity, p.comm., and the dynatek.thanks!

AL Elks
01-18-2007, 07:27 PM
If you're going with the Trinity for ease of cleaning that's the way I'd go but if you're expecting to get more power out of it you won't gain anything.

It's been proven on a dyno that a Trinity with a heavily modded airbox gains 0 hp over the stock filter.

Just something to think about.

AL Elks
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
The Power Commander is definitely the way to go. Only 2 systems have the ability to play with timing and have maps built for them. They are the Power Commander and PIM/Fimak. I just don't want to spend $500 to get the Yoshi version not to mention the PC has been making units for fuel injection for years for the street bike crowd so they know what they are doing.

Neither has the ability to adjust timing.

Derno24
01-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Timing can be adjusted with the PC just takes some phone calls.

AL Elks
01-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
Timing can be adjusted with the PC just takes some phone calls.

Now you've tweaked my interest.

How is this possible?

Any chance you could do a writeup?

blholtz
01-20-2007, 06:30 AM
I am interestd to.

Seeing that I have one installed and love it by the way, but all that aside there is absolutely no way to adjust the timing on the LTR with the Powercommander itself.

May be you can do it with their rev extenson plug, but as far as I can tell it is the same as the cherry bomb.

I for one vote for a write up to see how you came up with this miraculous fnd.

05Z400rdr
01-20-2007, 07:08 AM
this is a supid question, but i am new to all of this fuel injection stuff ever since i got my ltr. i have the cherry bomb on mine, lid off, k&n, baffle out, sooo much more power than stock. but what is the difference between these "f.i. moodules" compared to the cherry bomb, besides 100's of $'s?

blholtz
01-20-2007, 08:22 AM
The fi module will allow you to tune your bikes fuel map better.

If you don't do anything else to your ltr you will not have to worry about it.

I put the power commander on after I put the yosh rs-5 exhaust on and was getting a lean pop letting of the throttle.

I got the power commander installed and set-up to get rid of the lean pop, but after messing with it a little bit AND finding the acclerator pump feature I am glad the I have this.

The other thing you all should remember (I THINK) is the power commander 3usb is set up to interface with a dynojet dyno.
So it is very likley that you could start with one of the maps on their website, then take it to the dyno and in one session on the dyno get your map for your bike spot on and never have to worry about it again (UNTIL YOU DO MORE ENGINE MODS)

Mine runs real well with the maps from the site though.