PDA

View Full Version : Southeast OK - Northeast TX

JMM-YFZ450-OK
01-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Hello everyone, I live in Durant, OK and am looking for places to ride and folks to ride with. I ride a YFZ450BBW. My wife likes to go too and rides a TRX400EX. Both 2007 models. I will ride about anywhere but really like jumping, hill climbing and such. I could probably be talked into doing some racing too.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Rootar
01-17-2007, 08:10 AM
your only 5 miles from a a great riding park called redriver atv look them up they have a decent fmx ramp and its tons of fun trails

speedy48
01-17-2007, 03:53 PM
little saharah best place in oklahoma :)

DaleJrFan
01-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Go over to Ardmore and Lake Murrey has some real good trails, not much jumping though.

rooster300ex
01-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
Go over to Ardmore and Lake Murrey has some real good trails, not much jumping though.

I live just 25 miles from thompson's bay(lake murray atv trails). I still call it thompson's bay because it use to be owned by a local and anything & everybody could go into the place. It wasn't fenced off. There use to be a pretty good ramp, but its all washed out and sideways. number 2 favorite place to ride. http://www.dfwair.net/AFROracing/AFROridespotsLakeMurray.html

Redriver motorcycle trails is the awesomiest place around where I live. There is a ramp at that place. It made me bottom out sideways and yanked my leg underneath the left tire after I landed. Sprang the hell out of my ankle. www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com

There is a place just outside of durant on HW78 called redriver atv park. Never been there, but wanna try it out sometime in the late winter early spring time.http://www.redriveratv.net/

There is a place just outside of asher on old highway 18 that I haven't been to, and I've been wanting to check it out.http://home.earthlink.net/~bigredoffroad/

Just outside of davis,ok where I live. There is a riding area in the arbuckle mountains. Pretty damn rocky though. You can find places where there aren't any rocks. Nice views too.http://www.crossbarranch.com/

JMM-YFZ450-OK
01-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys, I finally got back in town so I could read these today. I've been to Red River ATV. The trails are a load of fun. They are having a harescramble there the 27th and I had thought of getting in it for $h!t$ and giggles. The FMX ramp, I haven't gotten on to yet. I've never hit one before and when I was there I had just got my quad. I've got a feel for it now on some dirt jumps so I figure that will be the next thing to try. Having never hit one, I'm not too sure about what to do other than just throttle down and do it. I may try Lake Murray after that. I figure I will save Little Sahara for the spring. Should I get a set of paddles before I go there??

Any time any of you are around this way let me know, I am 30mins from Red River ATV and 45-50 mins from Lake Murray.

Appreciate the info.

DaleJrFan
01-19-2007, 07:54 AM
I would reccomend paddles for Little Sahara but they are not mandatory. I have seen lots of people go up and down every dune there on good knobbies but having paddles is a plus.

rooster300ex
01-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
I would reccomend paddles for Little Sahara but they are not mandatory. I have seen lots of people go up and down every dune there on good knobbies but having paddles is a plus.

Yea I'm with on this one. When my 300ex was stock I could get around the dunes better with the stock tires then with paddles. I had to much paddle.

rooster300ex
01-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by JMM-YFZ450-OK
Should I get a set of paddles before I go there??

They rent them at lil sahara. I think 2-3 places at the dunes rent them.

I bought me a rear set. I use my paddles for mud,sand & snow too. they sling mud real good.:D

DaleJrFan
01-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Last spring we went up there and a buddy had a new z400 and little sahara power sports said they stopped renting them for everything except 250r's. I dont know what kind of bike you have but i would call up to lsps or jims sand toys and ask before you make the trip without paddles. If the sand is good and packed you will be fine but in the dry summer, paddles is a must to climb any sizeable dune. I had the same problems the first couple of times I went cause I had Gecko's on a stock 400ex and it was way too much paddle for that little engine to pull even with a 14 tooth front sprocket. I would put my knobbies on and I got twice the wheel spin for half the power and could break the rear end loose all over the place on the trails. Its just gonna be a feel thing once you get there on what you want to do.

JMM-YFZ450-OK
01-22-2007, 06:28 AM
10-4 Guess I'll try it once without and go from there. Typically I have no trouble around here in the sand along the rivers. Guess I'll just have to go and find out.

JMM-YFZ450-OK
01-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Would you guys recommend a set for the 400ex as well?? How do they do in the sand?

DaleJrFan
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Get you a set of ITP Sand Stars for the 400ex. That is what I have and they are the best all-around paddle out there right now in my opinion.

AbnMP13
01-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm in Lawton and waiting for the weather to break, been wanting to go to Red River, I hear it's about 45 minutes from here. Let me know when ya'll are going and I'll try to meet you there.

JMM-YFZ450-OK
01-23-2007, 06:34 AM
AbnMP13, Are you wanting to go to Red River in Muenster, TX ot Red River ATV south of Durant or do you care??

rooster300ex
01-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Lawton to redriver motorcycle trails(muenster,tx) is about 2 hours. And lawton to durant is about 3 hours. The 2 hour drive to muenster,tx is worth it that place is awesome. I don't know much about redriver atv park, but i've heard its badass.

JMM-YFZ450-OK
01-23-2007, 08:43 AM
The trails at Red River ATV are pretty cool. The FMX ramp and landing look good though I have not tested it personally yet. Their MX type course has not been maintained in a little while so it was a bit rough last time I was there, about a month ago. Next time I hit either spot I'll post on here and let you guys know. I was thinking of Red River ATV this weekend but think I am going to head for Greenville, TX instead. Still debating though.

AbnMP13
01-23-2007, 05:25 PM
What all does the one in Muenster have? I like riding trails and have a friend that has a Foreman 500 that would probably load up and go with me.

jjm400ex
01-23-2007, 05:40 PM
hey guys, i was thinking of trying out redriver trails or redriver atv, havent been to neither. may go this weekend even if it is cold. i live near Ada ok. i figure it would be a 2hour drive.

AbnMP13
01-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I spoke with my buddy, he's been to Muenster before, says it's worth the 2 hour drive. We'll hook up once it gets warmer. I know he'll come with me and I could probably find one other guy to come. 2 sport quads and one utility.

rooster300ex
01-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by AbnMP13
What all does the one in Muenster have? I like riding trails and have a friend that has a Foreman 500 that would probably load up and go with me.

It has alot of trails,mud holes. The place has a big creek that goes through the middle of it., but not a high water creek. Has some small bowls, and a bad *** berm. The berm I ramped and crashed on. you can go ride on a sandbar out on the redriver. Wheelie central out on the sandbar area. It does have some rocks but just a lil section of the whole place. goto www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com and check it out. It has pics and everything.

JMM-YFZ450-OK
01-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Check out the post "January 27th" in this forum...

Going to Red River ATV this weekend.

ctay61983
02-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey jjm...you live in ada?? I live in ada as well....Do you ever go out to Juppie's????