PDA

View Full Version : anyone know much about Kasea 90cc??need troubleshooting

QuadJunkies
09-24-2002, 10:45 AM
My Daughter has a 2001 Ksea Skyhawk 90cc, and it seems to be having a wring probelm, at least we think,first we took it to the dealer(first mistake):grr like 4 times, they couldnt fingure it out ,what it is doing is it blows fuses left and right, so we said **** it, and by-passed it ..well its worked great now for about 6 months,but now were back to it not starting again,it will kickstart though.:confused: so I know its not a fuse issue, and it could be two different issues al together.do you think it might be a starter? I called Kasea and Im am picking up a service manual tomorrow, but not much in it for wiring troubleshooting..if you have any ideas, please let me know...THanks :)

09-24-2002, 12:08 PM
maybe jeff@quadshop

phatswinn
09-24-2002, 01:24 PM
id try followign the wires from the battery to the starter, thats what ya get for not buying a trx 90

QuadJunkies
09-24-2002, 04:02 PM
yeah, for a mere 800.00 more we could have , but I cant see spending that kind ot $$ for a new rider who will grow out of it quickly,besides its been an aewsome machine other than this problem.When we are ready to upgrade her to a bigger quad, we will be sticking to An EX.

smitty
09-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Trinity Racing carries them and alot of performance upgrades.

Call and talk to them or check their website at Trinity Racing (http://www.trinityracing.com) They have alot of time with these little ones.

Smitty

09-24-2002, 11:42 PM
I am guessing here but if it was blowing the fuse and you bypassed it and now it doesnt start even with the direct wire (bypass) Then i am thinking that there must be some sort of open short either in the starter (wouldnt suprise me at all on a asian starter motor) or the wiring leading to the starter.

try taking out the starter and either test it yourself or if you are not sure how then bring it to a electric motor repair shop and most any will normally check it out for you as a courtesy. And you should check out those lead wires also.

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 12:08 AM
Yeah, im guessing the relay or the starter..hoping its not..160.00 for the darn thing!!:grr . MAybe ill give trinity a call, they are the ones were buying the pipe for the Kasea from.

4punksdad
09-26-2002, 04:08 PM
what exactly is it doing? just no juice to the starter button or is the starter spinning but the bike doesn't start? johnny 5 need input.

160 isn't bad for a starter.........I think the lt-80 starter runs around 230.00

QuadJunkies
09-26-2002, 10:08 PM
It just plain does nothing, like it had blown a fuse, only now its been by-passed so I know thats not it now,she has to kick start it then its fine...Oh, and it has a new battery too.

4punksdad
09-27-2002, 04:42 AM
It has to be a loose or broken wire. No way the starter went bad like that. You would hear the starter trying to work if it were getting juice. I would tear off the plastic & look closely at every connection in the wiring harness.

Pay close attention to any nuetral safety switches, or parking brake switches, which keep a youngster from starting the bike "in gear".

QuadJunkies
09-27-2002, 08:27 AM
I just got my Kasea manual a few days ago(for what its worth:rolleyes: ) I will let you know what I found, or if I find anything,so would bad wiring cause the fuses to blow also?I checked over all the wiring with a fine tooth comb last time, and found nothing, neither did the dealer:confused:

Woodsrider
09-27-2002, 11:52 AM
Yes bad wiring would blow fuses, if it were a "short circut". But if it were an "open" wouldn't. Sounds to me like you have a broken wire in the circut that was causing a short to ground, blowing the fuse. Then when you bypassed the fuse with a wire, you cooked something, by sending too much voltage:rolleyes: Just a guess.

QuadJunkies
09-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Hanks soggyrider~~Ill take any suggestions you all have to make this a little easier for me, Im still learning all this stuff:confused:

Woodsrider
09-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Other than the wiring, how is it holding up? I am thinkin of getting one for my 8y/o. I am looking at it, and the T-Rex. I like the idea of hydrolic discs on the T-Rex. You have any problems with those drums on the Kasea? And did you ever get the pipe for it?

QuadJunkies
09-27-2002, 01:58 PM
So far, we have had no trouble at all with it. Its been a good quad for my Daughter and we have had it now for little over a year,It loks pretty sharp since I shaved the fenders on it,looks kinda mean for a mini:):blah As for the pipe, we are going to order it the first part of Nov. for her B-day present.I have heard that it is an awesome pipe..We also have the E-ton viper and it too is a great beginner quad

QuadJunkies
09-30-2002, 01:16 AM
Well. still no luck..:( at least with the wiring..havent had a chance to do much with the starter yet, gonna work on that this week, the service manual is a joke ..

QuadJunkies
10-06-2002, 10:14 AM
WEll, Im not sure, but we mat have found some of the problems ...We finally had a full dya to tear it down and pulled off all the plastic, and I was shocked at what we found..:eek: we ckecked all the wiring and plugs and all the way from the started to the battery was FRIED!! were talkin melted on to each other and we treid to repait it, but why bother, it just broke off everytime you tried to work with it, so Im gonna have to order a whole new harness, and thats gonna be the hard part...they TAKE FOREVER... at Kasea,and we had a full wk. end of riding planned,including my first time trailing:(.. and a day at the dunes..I hope this will fix all the issues we have been hainvg, if not ..Ill be back for more help:) thanks for all the good advice...Tina