PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about the LTR

Cody_300ex
01-16-2007, 02:50 PM
I will be buying a New LTR within the next 2 or 3 months, I will be putting around a 3,000 to 3,750 downpayment and Im gunna keep about 250-350 bucks to make a few first mods. What should i get? I already have a kill switch, Factory 909 Handlebars, plain clutch lever(no parkin brake), Rear TT wheels and tires and another full set of wheels and tires, and a few other misc. parts that are going to be left over from my 300ex. I'm gunna get the cherry bomb first thing, but should I spend the rest on a exhuast or what?

suzukiray
01-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Don't waste your money on a slip on. Save a little more & buy a FULL system. I have the new Yosh & like the power but a lot of people say the DASA is good too. After that, air kit & F.I programer. For that I like the Dynatek. Ray.

Cody_300ex
01-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by suzukiray
Don't waste your money on a slip on. Save a little more & buy a FULL system. I have the new Yosh & like the power but a lot of people say the DASA is good too. After that, air kit & F.I programer. For that I like the Dynatek. Ray.

Is there not much of a difference in the slip-on and peashooter removed on the stock pipe.

LTR450_#67
01-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
Is there not much of a difference in the slip-on and peashooter removed on the stock pipe.

Not really.....I mean there is but not near as much as the full. I have a slip-on as of right now but I got it like new used for a $100. I plan on getting a full system midway throught race season. I felt an increase especially in the low to mid and a slight increase on top. Thats according to my seat-of-the-pants dyno....

I would just go for a full exhaust right off the bat though.

later
Aaron