PDA

View Full Version : tranny saver

howell03
01-16-2007, 02:34 PM
WE HAVE 2 -90 ETON 1 -90 XTREME. WE NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO FIND TRANNY SAVER .

wvspeedfreak
01-16-2007, 03:03 PM
WRH Racing

jetmedic
01-22-2007, 05:14 AM
WHAT KIIND OF OUPUT SHAFT DO YOU NEED. ETON TYPE? XTREME? OR WHAT. AND WHAT ABOUT THE BUSHING THAT REPALCES NEEDLE BEARING IN THE CASE? WHERE CAN I FIND?

mmullins14
01-22-2007, 07:03 AM
For the bushing inside the Transmission you can call 940-224-8107. We have used it for about a year and have no tranny issues since. We were breaking gears every weekeng before that.

Thanks, Marty

markvette
01-22-2007, 09:14 AM
you have to use the eton or kasea type output shaft

Mark

ecmini1
01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
On the Xtreme, Apex,Polaris and Alpha sports we have been doing the bushing mod to the transmission with great results. On the Kasea and Eton the SCR tranny saver is the way to go.

aasco90
01-23-2007, 06:30 PM
this is a tranny saver we're making for apex ,pol,drr,ect not kasea yeat, it comes with bearing and c clip installed ,this is a motormount saver combo you press in your own ruber mount off your old one.

aasco90
01-23-2007, 07:21 PM
apex

jayz400
01-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I had the bushing mod done to my sons Apex by East Coast Performance Mini Quads after gear failure. The way it was explained to me was the inner roller bearing in the case allows the output shaft to walk and pushes the gears apart and stips the teeth on the gears. The bushing prevents this from happening. Since the mod we have had no transmission problems. Some say the Apex trans is weak I say the failures are a result of the Apex getting run harder, jumped farther, and higher than any other cvt style bike. Aasco90 does that trnny saver require a different output shaft.

aasco90
01-23-2007, 07:28 PM
yes you have to use kasea style gears , the other style would require to big of bearing. and yes the apexs jump and run faster:macho

03sp500
01-24-2007, 05:00 AM
Does the Polaris style require you to drill out the case like the old tranny saver. If not how do I get one?

ecmini1
01-24-2007, 05:24 AM
With the bushing mod the case has to be machined on the gear side. This allows you to run the stock shaft and sprockets. With the other saver you have to change the shaft set up to a Kasea style. Which I think is more expensive because you have to buy the saver a new shaft, sprocket and the retainer then have the case taped for the bolts. As we machine the case and insert the new bushing and use all the stock parts.
If your racing either way you go I recommend to have this done or when it breaks it more expensive.

mmullins14
01-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Since last year when we invented the bushing mod, we have installed it on race quads across the country. We sent one to Apex to test and they are recommending it. So far I have not heard of any breaking gears after we install the bushing. We were using the Tranny saver from SCR. It does help, but we have several that have still broke gears until they got the bushing. The Bushing also supports the case from becoming out of round and does away with the weak needle bearing.

ss440ex
01-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by aasco90

Yeah,
It looks just like the SCR kss2 trans mount shaft saver.

The ones we use!
this is a tranny saver we're making for apex ,pol,drr,ect not kasea yeat, it comes with bearing and c clip installed ,this is a motormount saver combo you press in your own ruber mount off your old one.

ecmini1
01-26-2007, 05:08 AM
Im with marty the bushing is the best way to go we have done several and no breakage yet. Nothing is bullet proof but this comes close. The saver is better than nothing but the bushing mod is the way to go.

aasco90
01-26-2007, 06:35 PM
true ,it is better than nothing and its a bolt on , and yes nothing is bullet proof but this will keep your case from being destroyed so for 90 bucks its good peace of mind.

Needmorehp
01-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Can you do both the bushing mod as well as the Tranny Saver? What is the cost of the bushing, you say the Tranny Saver is $90.00.

ecmini1
01-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes You can do both. Its not necessary the bushing mod is the best way but with both its a little added security. If the motor is pulled and sent to us we charge 180.00.

Thanks

howell03
01-31-2007, 07:33 PM
have broken tranny gears are the gears on a 90 the same as the 50 and were wondering if we needed the bushing and tranny saver

wvspeedfreak
01-31-2007, 07:42 PM
I am pretty sure the 90cc gears will work but they are a higher ratio.

markvette
01-31-2007, 07:43 PM
50 and 90 gearing is different. 90's are geared higher so they have a higher top speed. we usually put 90 gears in a 50 after a 70 kit has been installed. a tranny saver shure wont hurt. it has kept us from breaking a tranny for the last 8 months and we had never went that long before.

aasco90
02-01-2007, 06:39 PM
we now have the case savers for the kasea's , apex, drr, eton, pol,ect i sold two today ,one was for a kasea that blew the case and had to get a half case and tear down the motor then put it back together then since it apart got new seals ,piston ,rings ,gears ,ect spent 700 bucks, for something that could have been prevented for 90 bucks.

markvette
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
i'd sure like to see one that will fit a polaris, apex or drr that you dont have to change to a kasea/eton stale output shaft. lets see some pics and how it works with the polaris style sprockets.

Mark

Smokin
02-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by markvette
i'd sure like to see one that will fit a polaris, apex or drr that you dont have to change to a kasea/eton stale output shaft. lets see some pics and how it works with the polaris style sprockets.

Mark

The fact of the matter is that the Apex and DRR front sprocket outer diameter are not machined with any tolerance.. This surface is like a casting not allowing you to do anything with it.. The nice thing about using the "Kasea Style" Output shaft which all of the races that I know of switch to, and using this new approach of the "Tranny Saver" is that it gives you 100% additional support.. Look at like this !! Your Bearing carrier on the rear of the quad.. If you only had one bearing on one side, you would be in deep trouble.. Both products have there merit !! If you are a serious racer, then you need all the support that you can get..

Both very nice approaches..

ecmini1
02-02-2007, 05:29 AM
The bushing mod we are doing works for both style shafts and cures the movement in the trans which is the root cause for 98% of all breakage. I always say anything is better than nothing but we still all no nothing in racing is bullet proof. The bushing mod comes the closest.

wvspeedfreak
02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
If I send you the case half,how much would it cost to do the bushing mod?Thanks.

markvette
02-02-2007, 02:09 PM
i have installed many many tranny savers, that is why i asked the question i asked. i dont think you can make one to work without changing to the kasea/eton style output shaft. if he has one i would like to see it and i think others would too. i kinda got this tranny saver talk started when i posted a pic of one on my sons eton.

Mark

ecmini1
02-02-2007, 02:51 PM
WV,
Sent you a pm.;)

Smokin
02-02-2007, 03:29 PM
can you post soem pictures of the bushing modification?/

ecmini1
02-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I can post some here or they are posted on http://ecperformanceminiquad.com/ under transmission breakage. Which ever.

Thanks.

miniquad
02-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I have an Apex pro mx that East Coast Performance did the bushing mod to and it has worked perfectly we had broken two gear sets prior to the mod, since then we have had no troubles.

sdecker
02-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Will you sell the bushing by itself?

ecmini1
02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
The transmission cases have to machine to accomadate the bushing. This is not just a press in bushing.

sdecker
02-04-2007, 01:38 PM
yes i realized that ,I have the capabilities to bore the new hole.

Smokin
02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
What is the wall thickness of the case after you are thru machining.

How long have you been machining the cases and what has the testing shown.. Im worried about the wall thickness being too thin.. Have you had a chance to pull a case apart after say ten races, and test for stress cracks??

ecmini1
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Smokin,
We have yet to tear one back down, hadnt had the need to. The bushing goes all the way to the sproket bearing so its well supported through the whole case also the case is webbed so it still strong after machining. This is 10x better than breaking gears all the time and some times cases. There is a couple of kids out of texas running nationals and didnt break last year where as before broke often. By no means is this bullet proof but comes close.

Thanks,

aasco90
02-05-2007, 09:05 PM
for us this all started by making these for are own kids, and then for are friends, now lots of racers are using these because they are better than having nothing, this product will keep the shaft from moving and thats what prevents breakage, if the bushing mod works then great thats what we are all trying to achieve,for us this was the remedy and it works and is a simple bolt on product , kasea for example this is literally a bolt on product three bolts and its on no taking the tranny apart , 20 minutes and your done, for something that we made for are own kids sure turned into alot of racers putting them on there quads, keep your eyes open at the races because youll be seeing lots of these.

markvette
02-07-2007, 10:55 AM
i believe the tranny saver helps a lot. i installed one on my sons eton 8 months ago and have installed many others. my question still is this. you say you have tranny savers for the polaris and drr. i have yet to see one that is a bolt on for these quads. if you have one share a pic of it with us. do you have to use a eton/kasea style output shaft ?? . if this is the way is is you need to state that so people dont order these expecting a bolt on only to find out the shaft has to be changed. the kasea is the only true bolt on. reason is it already has a threaded bolt hole going into the tranny unlike the others that have the unthreaded bolt that has an o ring on it and a nut inside the tranny. on the eton you can use the kasea style tranny saver just have to drill the hole bigger where this bolt goes for a bigger threaded bolt. also the unthreaded hole has to be tapped to accept this bolt. i also fill the first quarter inch or so of the hole inside the tranny with jb weld so there will be no oil leak. so again do you have a true bolt on for the polaris or do you have to change the output shaft ??????

Mark

aasco90
02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
yes you got to use kasea,eton style output shaft, we can make them for the drr ,apex,pol, using the stock style gears but the bearing would be big , we are not making these for market,we made some for us and some friends and a few extra for who ever wants one "that is using kasea style gears".

Smokin
02-07-2007, 09:25 PM
markvette

Seems like you are a bit confused..

Nobody has a bolt on for the for the Apex or the DDR without changing to the kasea style output shaft.. What AASC090 is telling you is that they do have a bolt on unit and yes you do have to change to the Kasea style output shaft.. You do not have to bore out your case and you do not have to drill and tap your case. Nor do you have to fill it with JB weld.. What he is offering is solution to saving your tranny with a very nicely designed solution that simply bolts on in place of the original mount. This mount is now the additional supporting piece that gives the output shaft added strength so that the sprocket always runs true. As we are hearing, racers are breaking their cases and now a solution has finally come to the rescue..

I know, I bought one and I have a Apex.. These things are "SWEET"

Good Job AACO90

markvette
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
actually i am not confused. i see now where his you can use the stud and nut inside the tranny and dont have to drill and tap it. this is because his at the bolt holes is the same thickness as the original steel motor mount. looks like a great product, like i said i have a tranny saver on my sons eton, not his. i just didnt want other people to get confused and think they did not have to change to the eton stayl output shaft.

SCR PRODUCTS
02-14-2007, 07:04 PM
YOU GUYS NEET TO JUST STICK WITH THE

SCR TRANY SUPPORT AND MARTYS BUSHING INSERT

THESE HAVE BEEN WORKING GREAT.

THE 4 MUST USE TRANNY PARTS NEEDED FOR RACING

1. SCR TRANNY SUPPORT/ SAVER

2. SCR ALUMINUM BILLET TRANNY CAP

3. SRC EPOXY KIT FOR THE WEBS IN SIDE THE TRANNY COMPARTMENT

4 MARTY 'S TRANNY SLEVE.

RUN THESE ITEMS AND HAVE A WINNIG CHANCE

markvette
02-14-2007, 07:13 PM
SCR
long time. you ever get the billet tranny cover done so bubba can test it, like i told you, if it can be broke he can do it. pm me some info on the epoxy, just tore another one down where the back bearing broke the case webbing. another set of cases for the trash can.

Mark

SCR PRODUCTS
02-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Actualy ASSCO90 your tranny saver is not new.
we have been making and selling that verry deisgn for nearly 2 years now

part # kss-2

SCR PRODUCTS
02-14-2007, 07:17 PM
part # kss-1

will fit all kasea ,assco ,polaris and eton with the kasea style shaft

03sp500
02-15-2007, 04:57 AM
I telling you guys if someone designed one that was truly a bolt on kit for the Polaris they would sell a ton of them. when you add the Kasea gears kit it adds up. yes I know it saves cases but a real bolt on unit would be a hot seller.

SCR PRODUCTS
02-15-2007, 01:35 PM
The SCR product is a bolt on . Y remove the cheap pin then drill and tap a 12mm threaded hole and install the tranny support using the two new bolts provided. Its a little work but well worth it.
SCR part # pss-1 (polaris shaft support)

SCR PRODUCTS
02-15-2007, 01:36 PM
the kss-1

aasco90
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
scr, you still got to use a eton- kasea style output shaft "correct"?

SCR PRODUCTS
02-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Yes . Wich you should use to give you the ability to change sprokets.

dj250r
02-16-2007, 10:21 PM
just got a tranny saver from MLC racing here in so cal and so far so good going to se how far we can go on this tranny
Dwayne

wvspeedfreak
02-20-2007, 12:24 PM
SCR PRODUCTS,I need the part number for the bearing that goes in your Kasea tranny saver housing.Thanks.

wvspeedfreak
02-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Nevermind,I figured it out :p

aasco90
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
when my neighbor gets back from europe we'll be making this same saver but to utilize the stock style sprocket"drr, apex" it well come with a new sprocket that has been machined for perfect fit .

markvette
02-22-2007, 09:13 PM
simms racing has already done that. he also has a brass bushing that replaces the needle bearings without boreing the cases.

Mark

QuadJunkies
02-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Isnt brass softer though?

ecmini1
02-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes brass is soft by its self, We make our bushing out of barilium its a mix of brass and aluminum its stronger and will last longer than brass alone. I think thats how its spelled
Just fyi your cars crank and rod bearings are made of brass and you see how long they last. Its great stuff.