View Full Version : '05 Trailblazer Starting Problem

rottweilerz
01-16-2007, 01:39 PM
I have an '05 Trailblazer that has had no problems since day one. It started fine up to a month ago and now the electirc start does nothing. I checked the batter twice and it's showing being fully charged. The pull start works on the first time and then runs like a champ. I have checked all the connections I could get to and nothing seemed loose. For the most part this quad has sat alot over the past year, but always started regulary. I was wondering if I should just change the battery anyway?

tim colston
01-16-2007, 01:41 PM
You may want to check the ground wire, or maybe see if you are getting juice to the solonoid and or starter. Hopefully you find the problem

rottweilerz
01-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Anyone know where the ground wire would typically be found? Thanks, we are pretty new to this.

tim colston
01-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I know on my wifes polaris it was near the battery. It maybe a brown wire with a loop connection on the end. look for it to be grounded to the top frame rail under or near where the seat sits on the frame. I am going off of the polaris i have so things may be a little different for you. I would not buy a battery if it says it charged fully. re check all connections and take a tester and make sure you are getting juice to all the componets. Start at the battery and work your way to the solonoid the coil then starter it should give you a good idea what is wrong. .

bikebandit . com will have schematics for your machine and will show you all the componets i mentioned above.

good luck

rottweilerz
01-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Thank you very much!

jordan_400ex
02-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by rottweilerz
I have an '05 Trailblazer that has had no problems since day one. It started fine up to a month ago and now the electirc start does nothing. I checked the batter twice and it's showing being fully charged. The pull start works on the first time and then runs like a champ. I have checked all the connections I could get to and nothing seemed loose. For the most part this quad has sat alot over the past year, but always started regulary. I was wondering if I should just change the battery anyway?

my freind always has to pull his when its cold.but when it gets warm itll start with the elecric starter.idk were used to it.

rottweilerz
02-28-2007, 10:35 AM
I actually put a new battery in and all has been fine :)

250exkid
03-01-2007, 07:31 PM
if it happens again buy a new sellinoid.... thats if its not the battery of course, lol if it does happen again check all your wires they could be bad then get a new cellonoid

gotwarrior
03-01-2007, 07:36 PM
check your silnoid and your starter relays..