View Full Version : What would you do... rebuild or part out?

300exOH
01-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I have a bunch of suzuki LT230S quadsport parts laying around and I was wondering what you guys would do? I have been trying to sell the parts for a while now with very few responses. I have almost everything I need to put a complete quad together but I'm not sure if it would be worth doing. I have been watching parts on ebay and they aren't exactly flying off the shelves. Right now the only things I'm sure I'll need are rings, carb service manual and a gasket set to get it running but I'm not sure if I should waste the money getting into a project that could be a money pit.

So what do you think????

Trevor
01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
It would likely be worth geting it running and then try to sell it. Your more likely to sell it if it's running. Just my 2cents

csimp3
01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
i would re-build it, you said it yourself, the parts arent going real well, so you should be able to get the ones you need cheap then right? plus its always fun to have a project

CRich[814]
01-16-2007, 12:55 PM
deffinitly rebuild it, ride it, sell it.

Family Guy
01-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Rebuild. Way more fun than parting out for a few dollars.

300exOH
01-16-2007, 12:59 PM
That's kind of what I've been thinking. At least if it's running it will be worth something...even if it isn't much.:ermm: I guess it couldn't hurt to have another project. Most of the parts are in excellent shape so it shouldn't take much to make it a decent quad again. The one rolling chassis that I have looks almost new and so do the engine cases so I have a decent starting point.

I honestly thought about putting some kind of 80-150cc dirtbike motor in the lt230 chassis as a hybrid for my son but when I started adding things up it got pricey real quick.