PDA

View Full Version : New Ranger or replacement????

Outlaw 50
01-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Found these pics online, no writeup just pics! Looks interesting!!

Outlaw 50
01-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Close up! 800 EFI!

Heybo
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Finally...... something other than that big tank they sell.

CHADHIX
01-16-2007, 07:29 PM
By tank do you mean Most powerfull, Fastest, Smoothest riding, and having the largest capacity in it class!:devil:

Heybo
01-16-2007, 07:55 PM
By tank, I mean that utv that is like driving my 2500HD crewcab 4x4 through the woods. The Ranger would be find for job sites or open field and delta areas, but it is entirely too big for woods and trails.

Outlaw 50
01-17-2007, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by CHADHIX
By tank do you mean Most powerfull, Fastest, Smoothest riding, and having the largest capacity in it class!:devil:

All of that aside...........what's the scoop on these new machines?

They look really interesting to me.
My main reason for not buying a rhino is the fact they are way underpowered.

The Polaris Ranger looks and feels like a bus so that's not an option. Probably a good choice for a working utv but not an option for sport riding.

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
ATVsport will have a full ride review on there website tommorow at 8:00am CST. This is what the editor said about it on myspace.

Razr features:
55 mph top speed with 760cc engine. Transmission a new design and mounted directly to engine.
Mid-mounted engine placement is patented. The engine is located behind the two bucket seats and in front of the rear wheels. It is powerful! New, patented engine mounts as well. There was little vibration.
L/W/H: 102/50/69
Wheelbase: 77
Alternator: 500 watts!!!!
Only 50 inches wide so it can go where other UTVs can't! But it doesn't compromise handling nor passenger room. It doesn't seem plausible, but two adult passengers have ample room inside the cab. We rarely bumped shoulders and we are large mammals!
The front end features redesigned suspension with dual A-arms and five-way preload adjustable shocks all around. A swaybar is also designed up front. The front end is phenomenal! It handled knee-high whoops at 30 mph without hunting or swapping. 9 inches of claimed suspension travel.
Rear IRS is revolutionary. It travels up and back when under harsh terrain. 9.5 inches rear travel.
10 inches of claimed ground clearance.
With engine mounted behind the seats, there is a bevy of leg room. Ergos are great. Tilt steering wheel, adjustable seats and seat belts. Custom T-bar for passenger. Lots of legroom.
Height of the vehicle is equal to a rider sitting on an ATV.
Lighter than the Rhino by about 100 pounds!
7.25 gallon tank under passenger seat.
Room for huge truck battery under driver seat to power all the goodies you'll bolt on.
Shoulder strap designed seat belt.
Storage under front hood.
Can haul 300 pounds on short bed, not tiltable.
Can tow 1,500 pounds. To that end, it is available in red or green (for the hunters who want a smaller UTV to navigate tight trails.) Accessories already available for hunting versions: Including plug and play Pure gun scabboards, gas tanks, etc.
Steel skid plates for full underbody protection.
Steel braided brake lines.
4 wheel disc brakes that were really progressive and had an awesome feel.
Center mount exhaust.
Go to atvsport.com or atvmagonline.com to get a full ride review along with a front end shot detailing the newly designed appearance. We wouldn't be surprised to see the 08 Sportsmans appearing with the sleek new plastics.

Other random thoughts:
This ride kicks ****. We pounded it hard. It handled better than anything else out there and was fun doing it. If Honda or Suzuki were going to plan on releasing a sport-rec side by side, they might want to hold those plans. This ride changes everything!
Tires were designed by Maxxis and are 2 ply up front and 4 ply rear. The sidewalls were great. We were in the rocky Zona desert and nobody in our whole group of 12 Razrs experienced a sidewall failure or flat!
There's already a whole line of accessories. As you see in my main photo, that Razr has lightbar, spare tire rack and extended cage, headache net, light bars, rearview mirror, Kenda tires and wheels to widen it four inches, nerfs, front and rear bumper and winch. Which, by the way, doesn't compromise looks because it mounts in a hidden location up front. Only the fairlead and rollers are visible! The side cab nets come standard.
The bucket seats are super easy to remove and the access panel snaps right out behind it. There, about shoulder height, you will find the air intake! Yes, you get the hint. Assume what you want from there.
I knew Polaris had a new concept side by side about 3 months ago, but I never thought it would ever have all the technology found on this Razr. Ultimately, I was stunned at the Monday night unveiling. It is available in late spring. If you are excited, I don't blame you.
Finally, the aftermarket has a Polaris product to be excited for. Move over Rhino rage, make room for the Razr!
Oh...I almost forgot. It retails for $9,999.

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Starting today, the game has changed. Introducing RANGER RZR, the first trail capable, side-by-side vehicle that screams down the trails as the fastest accelerating and lightest side-by-side; navigates through tight, twisty terrain with ease; and tackles mud, rocks and anything else nature throws its way for the ultimate off-road experience.
“RANGER RZR was designed to appeal to a wide variety of riders,” said Matt Homan, general manager of RANGER. “Avid trail riders will appreciate RANGER RZR’s ability to go anywhere an ATV can go; hunters will enjoy the ability to navigate to the most remote and extreme hunting spots while hauling enough gear for two; and side-by-side sport enthusiasts will find RANGER RZR’s light weight, cornering ability, acceleration and top speed appealing.”
At 50 inches wide, RANGER RZR is the only trail capable side-by-side in its class. At 945 lbs, it is the lightest side-by-side with the lowest cage height, compared to its competitors, which ensures true trail accessibility. RANGER RZR also boasts a true all-wheel drive (AWD) system that automatically engages when the rider needs more forward traction and reverts back to 2WD automatically when AWD is no longer needed.
Built with a patented design that places the engine behind the seat, RANGER RZR has the lowest center of gravity of all the sport side-by-sides for unmatched off-road responsiveness. Riders will find themselves sitting at least seven inches lower than they would in competitive side-by-side vehicles for unparalleled handling and ground hugging performance. For optimal handling on any terrain, RANGER RZR has nine inches of travel in the front, 9.5 inches in the rear and 10 inches of ground clearance due to its double A-arm front suspension with an exclusive, front anti-sway bar and a rolled independent rear suspension (IRS). For comfort, RANGER RZR also sports the best ergonomics in its class, including tilt steering, and adjustable hand rails and seats.
Powered by a liquid-cooled, even-firing Polaris Big Bore 800 Twin EFI engine, RANGER RZR is the fastest accelerating side-by-side with the highest horsepower in its class; accelerating to 35 MPH in four seconds, and topping out at 55 MPH. This power coupled with RANGER RZR’s unique design and smaller stature creates a vehicle that delivers razor sharp side-by-side performance.
RANGER RZR is no slouch when it comes handling the tough tasks. With a cargo bed rated for 300 lbs with 12 tie-down points, 1500 lb. towing capacity, under-hood storage and a myriad of PURE Polaris accessories including Lock & Ride, cabs and cargo systems, you have all the utility you need.
Offered in green and red, RANGER RZR will be available at Polaris dealerships in early summer, with a MSRP of $9,999 (US) and $13,999 (CAN).

http://onfinite.com/libraries/1088800/061.jpg

4punksdad
01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
this has gotten my attention and I own a Rhino. I can't wait to see one in person. I have been waiting for a Honda SxS, but this might be my next SxS. I have not been a Polaris fan in the past. That might change too.

As for the Rhino being under powered, I disagree. I pull my Sea-Doo jet boat up some pretty steep hills with my Rhino and have done it with 7 people in the boat/rhino combo.

Supercruiser
01-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Polaris rocks and the Rhino guys will be scrambling to get thier hands on these new RZR's. That would be my guess.

I thought I would join you over here Ramsfan.

ramsfan
01-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Supercruiser
Polaris rocks and the Rhino guys will be scrambling to get thier hands on these new RZR's. That would be my guess.

I thought I would join you over here Ramsfan.

well we can never be on enough forums LOL

here is a vid of the RZR
http://www.atvpress.com/atvvideos/atvmodels/polaris/polaris2008rangerrzr.wmv

Teufel
05-06-2007, 08:37 PM
The RZR looks decievingly large, however it is quite compact. It would easily navigate today's GNCC tracks

Donkey1
05-07-2007, 07:11 AM
whats up dirt