PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Series Questions

tn450r
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
A buddy of mine and myself are wanting to try a few hare scrambles this year. We are planning on attending the race in Vanleer, Tn.(Hazzard Hill).

We currently race MX and have our quads set-up for it.

Now my questions:

Will we be ok running long-travel??

Will we be the only ones there with long travel??

Please keep in mind we are just wanting to try this and see if we like it...I dont care if I finish last or not...just want to try my hand at it. Then, if need be get the right set-up for it.

We will be changing tires at least. LOL

What are some of yalls thoughts on this??

smr
01-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Lots of guys there will be running Long travel. They only thing you may have a problem with is your width. I have ran +2 a-arms at Vanleer but I wouldn't want to be any wider than that. You will also want to make sure you put your skid plates back on...(most mx racers remove these)

I would also sugest a camel back...2 hours wide open is a long time to go without water.

tn450r
01-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Ok thanks. We do have +2 arms. Maybe that wont be too wide...just have to watch those tight spots..LOL

How is the terrain there at Vanleer??

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Chris

xc400ex
01-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Hazzard hill has a good mix of things, fast field sections, short moto cross track with some doubles, very little tight woods, its a whooped out track but not the worst on the series, woods are moderately fast, and it has 2 good hill climbs, the hazzard hill and horrible hill. Probably my favorite track.

tn450r
01-27-2007, 10:26 PM
So basically when you say very little tight woods, you mean I would probably be ok running +2 arms?? That is my main concern. I am really looking forward to it, it sounds pretty fun.

On the hills you mentioned, are there usually alot of wrecks?? is there more than one way up?? not sure how all that works...this XC is still new to me.

Thanks much for all the info.

xc400ex
01-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I think you will fit through the woods everywhere just fine, but I think your gonna want to be more narrow.I wouldnt feel competitive in the A class with +2's. You should be fine for your first race though. All the hills have many lines, horrible hill has a bypass and hazzard hill has 5 or 6 different ways with the lanes to the left being faster and more steep. I wouldnt follow anyone up the hills, always take a different line so you don't get caught in their mistakes.