PDA

View Full Version : Predator 500 from Polaris

Entomber
09-23-2002, 09:54 PM
I hate to say this.. but I'm considering one of them or a Raptor.... the Polaris cause it's new.. and has some nifty new features. Everyone has a Raptor..... what do you guys think?

VooDuu Child
09-24-2002, 10:51 AM
If the predator had reverse, there'd be one of those sitting outside my house instead of two Z's. I'm not much of a Raptor fan, although if I lived near sand, it might be a different story.

freakystone
09-24-2002, 11:21 AM
I think the Polaris is a great addition to the atv industry, although I a suprized they didnt go with more or less displacement.

Entomber
09-24-2002, 03:44 PM
Well I hear it smokes a Raptor. Personally the DS smokes a Raptor...out of all the ATVs in production the one that makes the most power is .. the underrated DS 650.

I'm not sold totally on the Polaris...I want to get feedback and make my decision from there.

09-25-2002, 03:50 PM
explain to us here (in great detail).what these NIFTY new features are ...i NEED enlighten ment..thanx..

Unless your talking about the HIGH center of gravity...& WEAK lookin chassis ....lol 2R's

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Well... Ive done alot of debating.. and come spring if HOnda doesnt do some kind of surprise thing..I will be purchacing the "glamis" if it gets good reviews...:):)

QuadJunkies
09-25-2002, 09:40 PM
I dont know why this posted before I was done:confused: :huh I think the predator will be a hit,maybe Ill re-think this one...That troy lee design was sweet too bad there sold out:(

Bean
09-25-2002, 09:44 PM
really, the only new things on it is the first POL clutch, and that gay PRO steering they use

Entomber
09-25-2002, 10:07 PM
I'm waiting for the reviews. It's a tad cheaper than the Raptor and that "gay" steering thing sounds interesting. The cannondale just doesn't do it for me. I rode one, yeah it was quick... but they seem to be proned to problems. I really like the way the Raptor feels, it's a bit stronger on the bottom than a DS, but it prob makes a better trail quad than the big and brutal 650.

I'm going to hang tight. I hear Kawasaki is making a 700cc v twin motor. What I heard about that, that is turning me off is one it's automatic (yes a sports quad) and two no chain. So forget about regearing it down the road.

Any event.. I will sell the 400 if I don't like what I see... anyone intrested in a 2001 400 EX?

09-25-2002, 10:09 PM
:huh :huh

09-26-2002, 04:33 AM
Never had a problem with my Cannondale, and it is not hard to service.

09-26-2002, 06:27 AM
I bet more C-dales sell than this ..predator ...
I have seen more & more c-dales ,..doing great especially at the races...and just looking at these two machines ...
I can tell the c -dale will out handle the predator...
I am kinda biased for C-dale i have ridden a few ..& they ROCK!..

all machines need maintenance ...& all machines have problems at times.....BUT one thing for sure ..if a can't turn a wrench
YA ...(better have deep pockets)....or a good freind ...who can help...

a few pluses of the C-dale ...compard to polaris
1)EFI,no jetting changes.......................this should interest some
2)programmable MAP systems ..
3)higher rev limiter....
4)lighter....a REAL BIGGY in my book
5)MORE & MORE parts becoming available

09-26-2002, 06:34 AM
Honda has even had some problems with certain stuff. The swingarms on the 400EX is one that I know of, and the plastic over the bars on a 300EX is a stupid idea.

R-Crazy
09-26-2002, 05:14 PM
i have also seen some pretty sh*tty welding coming out of the Honda factory as well. i just wish Honda would come out with an aluminum framed CRF 450 quad. it would be even better with DOHC.

dave

airheadedduner
09-27-2002, 04:21 PM
With the predetor you also have the option of buying it with compression adjustable rezzies on the front shocks, an excelent idea. The big thing that keeps me away from one is it is a FAT bike.