PDA

View Full Version : throttle? not runing right

woodsracer144
01-15-2007, 06:24 PM
ok, i have ANOTHER PROB!
i was ridein my blaster today and mt throttle for really hard to push in after half way, and i pined it really hard and then i was lighter than a feather. and then it wouldnt start after i pined it, it just killed and i couldnt start it again. di went out and towned it in and i pulled it in to my buddys worm shed(its about -20 right now is what it fells like its about 5-15 out) and i melted all the snow off on the carb with a spray bottle of worm water and i pulled the carb and looked at teh t.o.r.s. and it looked fine in there and then i looked in the throttle houseing and it was all good. i put all the covers back on and it worked again, i took her out for a test spin and it worked great! and then i was ridin again about 2 hours after i got done plowin the drive, and i went out in the feild and my buddy and i were roostin in the snow and the throttle did the same things and then i pined it hard after i turned it off and i hit the throttle 3 time hard and it worked again, i think the cable beeds some lube but i done have the cable luber things. i dont know what to do with it. i ran great befor we fot the 8 in's of snow we have.
ang ideas?
thanks, i have a friend that might have a yfz throttle that i might try if it will fit. thanks!

blaster99
01-15-2007, 07:55 PM
jsut spray some WD-40 down the torotle cable.. or better yet.. get a new cable...

broncogurl
01-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by blaster99
jsut spray some WD-40 down the torotle cable.. or better yet.. get a new cable...

I agree. Either the slide in the carb is sticking or the cable. Probably from the snow covering it.

custom racing
01-16-2007, 11:06 AM
my throttle did the same thing. but i just put it my my warm shop and the next day i took it out and hasnt dont it again, i think the problem might just be the throttle cable freezing. dont spray wd-40 on anything. thats the last stuff you want to use. its a water base so its going to make it worse go to your napa store or your local qaud dealer and get some reall cable lube.

mobileblaster
01-16-2007, 12:48 PM
I thought the WD in WD 40 meant water displacing, thats why all the old timers would spray in on there distributer caps after it got water logged! Its not Water Based..... Do a little research before posting false info please.

blasterandy
01-16-2007, 06:31 PM
wd stands for water displacement as mobileblaster said. And it is a fish oil base.

blaster99
01-16-2007, 06:34 PM
yeah... its not water based

live2ride777
01-16-2007, 06:36 PM
yeah like omg read the thread friggin noooobbb

mobileblaster
01-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Lets not be to harsh on new people. Heck I am still a junior member. WD 40 will not cause anything to freeze though. If you have a question don't be afraid to ask. The only dumb ones are the ones not asked.

woodsracer144
01-17-2007, 05:06 PM
i dont know if the people are calling me dumb, im not dumb, just like most the people on the site there smart at things they wanna be (like me any thing with a motor and i'll do the best i can to help you but books you can find some one els.) and this is what this part of the site is for , when you cant figure out what its is you can post it here, theres a 1st time for evet thing and its happens to every one so when it happens to you have to try different things.

blaster99
01-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
i dont know if the people are calling me dumb, im not dumb, just like most the people on the site there smart at things they wanna be (like me any thing with a motor and i'll do the best i can to help you but books you can find some one els.) and this is what this part of the site is for , when you cant figure out what its is you can post it here, theres a 1st time for evet thing and its happens to every one so when it happens to you have to try different things.

there calling the guy who thinks wd 40 is water based bumb.. not you

woodsracer144
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
the guy that rejestered jan of 07? im stickin up for who ever it is that there pickin on, i always get picked on. and i hate it.

mobileblaster
01-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Keep posting all the questions you can think of. Chances are there is someone out there that didn't post them do to emarrassement.