PDA

View Full Version : Brute Forces are garbage

waddle
01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
worst quad ever made, might as well say, they should come with a 30 second 30 foot warranty

tim colston
01-16-2007, 06:25 AM
great post.:rolleyes:

erac4019
01-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by waddle
worst quad ever made, might as well say, they should come with a 30 second 30 foot warranty
Please elaborate on WHY!! I have an 06 650SRA and I ride with a guy that has an 05 750 and niether of us have had any problems. BTW very informative post, I wish I would have read that before I bought mine. :rolleyes:

bshack
02-01-2007, 07:51 AM
My twin brother just bought a new Brute Force 650... I want one!! We both have 05' honda TRX 450 R's but I think I'm going to sell my Intruder street bike and go get a Brute for myself. Just think..... 3 four wheelers in my garage. TRX 450, Brute Force 650, and the wife's KFX 80. Life is grand!!!

m.h.s.c.#527
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
this guys an idiot my dad has one and we use it as a skidder every weekend as a skidder its fine and duz a dang good job

polarisdude
03-31-2007, 12:09 AM
This guy is a freakin idiot. I would do ANYTHING to trade my trail blazer for a bruteforce.

RTJ
04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
WADDLE
PLEASE EXPLAIN. I JUST BOUGHT 750 B. FORCE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT PROBLEMS TO EXPECT

Quad18star
04-30-2007, 01:31 PM
I have to somewhat agree with the original poster .

My buddy has a 750 Brute , and the thing spends more time in the shop than anything else ... and he doesn't abuse the bike either ... it's only got about 600 miles on it .

It may be a fast bike , but the workmanship on it is garbage. Within the first month that he owned it , it was in the shop twice ... electrical and 4x4 problems . We just came back from a rally this past weekend , and he had to be towed home ... the electrical is screwed once again and it was backfiring like a SOB .

He was not the only Brute 750 to be towed home either . I watched 3 or 4 others being pulled back to the trucks ... all with electrical and 4x4 problems .

From what I've been seeing , I wouldn't buy one .... and my buddy is planning on selling his and buying something else. :ermm:

Trx4Life
04-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Well a few bad apples does not ruin the hole orchard...
I know mine has over 2500 miles on it and its been to hell and back a few times and have never had any problems with it. I bent a tie rod once on a root took it off in the woods beat it back straight enouff and finished riding, in fact its still on there.

But I guess since waddle thinks its the worst quad ever made I have to sell it now. Sure gonna miss it :(

ZSNOW
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
dudes screwed up in the head, best quad i have ever owned

rigger
05-22-2007, 05:24 PM
I have a 650I Brute and love it. No problems with it at all. I have not been abusive to it but it has been well ridden. I have ridden with some others that have other brand machines that have had a number of problems with their machines but the problems were mostly because of what they had done to or with the machine.

I highly recomend a 650I and would not hesitate to buy another one.

Quad18star
05-22-2007, 06:26 PM
The bike that I reported on earlier spent 2 weeks in the shop. ALL .... yes I said ALL the electrical had to be changed on the quad. Good thing he bought the 3 years extended warranty ... it's paid itself off already. He just got it back tonight ... he's keeping his fingers crossed that everything is OK now.

Which 450?
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
I had my entire wiring replaced also, there is a bad ground splice connector in them.

Quad18star
06-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Which 450?
I had my entire wiring replaced also, there is a bad ground splice connector in them.

Did they have to replace your computers also ?? My buddy's had all the wiring and computers changed ... they called it a " Factory Defect" :ermm:

Which 450?
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Did they have to replace your computers also ?? My buddy's had all the wiring and computers changed ... they called it a " Factory Defect" :ermm:

no, mine was the ground splice, it had corroded and started to melt, to they didnt want to chance it, and replaced the whole thing.

2strokeTim
08-21-2007, 04:25 PM
this guys gone crazy!!! i lovvvveeee brute forces there my favorite utility

whats he thinkin:confused: :confused:

quailbuster
09-29-2007, 03:23 PM
I have an 06 750i and I have been very rough on mine. I have raced it in both GNCC and the local ATVCCS races, put 29.5 Outlaws and went to Mud Nationals and ran it in mud up to the handlebars, and pretty much ride WOT anytime I'm on it and I have yet to have any problems that I didn't cause. All manufacturers have "factory defects" from time to time. I don't think that is a reason to just bash the whole line. IMO

waddle
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
i worked at a dealership for 3 years, and every singel mechanic said they sucked, and these are top notch mechanics, we sold all 4 brands, and thats what gave the most trouble, so all you other doosh bags are just basing your opinion on the only quad you know about, and thats yours, but o well,, everybodys quad is always the best or the most bad ***, just wanted to clear up everything ive been reading, thanks guys,

Which 450?
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by waddle
i worked at a dealership for 3 years, and every singel mechanic said they sucked, and these are top notch mechanics, we sold all 4 brands, and thats what gave the most trouble, so all you other doosh bags are just basing your opinion on the only quad you know about, and thats yours, but o well,, everybodys quad is always the best or the most bad ***, just wanted to clear up everything ive been reading, thanks guys,

sure you know wut ur talkin about.... I can really tell... Ive worked on probably.... umm... well almost every 4 wheeler made, except for these new china bikes. When your talking about the big bore utes, you cant classify their reliability with the other little bikes. Compared to any can am or polaris, they are much more reliable. Ive been working at a motorcycle shop since I graduated in 1995, I've seen it all. O yea, I own a brute force, I had an '06, had 5500 miles on it when I sold it, I replaced the 1st belt at 2500 miles, but it was only .004" thinner then new, and I think they allow .040 before you should replace it. I had the brake module replaced under warranty, and probably 3 sets of bushings in different areas. Its probably average in my opinion. I just bought an '08 brute force, which is setup alot better. I had a 2003 400ex before that, it was about the same in bushing wear, nothing out of the ordinary, chains bearings etc... before that I had a warrior, that was probably a little worse, it was so heavy it would just loose those a arm bushings in no time. The best one I had was an old 200sx, I thinks what it was called, shaft driven Honda 3 wheeler, I never worked on that thing. except for brake pads. Which reminds me, I never had to change pads on the brute force compared to ALL the other bikes I've owned.

Give up some reasons before you go posting your garbage. You come out here and say they are garbage. We ask why and all you have to say is "JUST BECAUSE"

brute jumper
10-20-2007, 02:34 PM
waddle sounds like hes jealous cause he wants one but his momy probly wont let him have one or come out n play gotta like them BIG TALKKERS WITH NO FACTS.

bshack
11-07-2007, 05:58 AM
The ONLY problem I see with the Brute force is Overheating from the radiator getting clogged with mud. It has been a monster on the trails and never let me down. I'm sure the Brute is on par with the rest of the UTE manufactures out there in terms of reliabilty. If you think a Kawasaki is a crappy machine, just imagine your change of mind if Ford or GM started to build 4 wheelers!

Which 450?
11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Ive never had overheating problems.... of course my radiator is always cleaned out

bshack
11-09-2007, 05:09 AM
On long weekends in the woods, sometimes it's impossible to find a hose to clean the radiator out.... Small streams or creeks help, but yes, the brute seems a little easier than my grizzly for a clogged radiator.

bruteman
02-29-2008, 02:40 AM
I have a 05 750 brute and i have not had any problems with it, i put aftermarket bushings on the sway bar and added tires and wheels and a copperhead cdi and i love this thing-it has NEVER let me down or left me stranded, that guy is full of @#*@!!!!

speedy
03-09-2008, 05:14 AM
In my opinion the B- force is a well enginered machine all the way through and the name really does speak for itself.

Does anyone on here have a 750I B-force For sale , if so let me know?

What's the cheapest i could get a B-Force 750I for?;)

monster kawi 55
03-24-2008, 09:36 AM
I think his user name pretty much sums him..... er, I mean it up! C'mon back with it clown.

ojcool
03-31-2008, 11:46 PM
can't you guys tell he is just trying to puff you up?

monster kawi 55
04-06-2008, 07:34 AM
He puffs things allright. As far as working around quads, sweepin' the floor and dirtying his knees doesn't count.

TOPDAWG
04-09-2008, 06:13 AM
The electrical the 05-06 Brutes had was with the bus connector. It's a simple fix. Kawasaki supposedly fixed it in 07 but I would strongly recommend soldiering and sealing the connection anyways. All Kawasaki did was eliminate the connector and twist the wires together.

Do you have a KVF750 exhibiting strange electrical problems? There have been reports of some very strange electrical symptoms that can be difficult to diagnose.

Typical symptoms are listed below in the order from most common to the least common:

1. Fan does not activate and the engine overheats
2. Meter stays on and the battery goes dead
3. Fuse keeps blowing
4. Engine stalls when 4wd is engaged and does not restart, but it restarts in 2wd.
5. Engine starts without ignition key (when just green button is pressed).
6. Check belt light is flashing.

The cause for these symptoms can be often traced to corrosion forming inside one of the two white plastic 1"x1-1/4"x3/8" joint (BUS) connectors that are taped to the main wiring harness. There is one under the front fender between the front shock towers and another one under the rear fender near the fuel tank.

So far the problem has occurred only on the rear connector. More specifically, the rear connector/harness is attached to the tube frame just to the right side of igniter/control unit area. If you pry open the cap of the connector, you may find greenish corrosion (electrolysis) formed inside between the bare metal contacts. The electrolysis occurs within the connector because there are positive and negative wire terminals joined together without any barrier to separate them. On the rear connector the white wires are always on (+), the brown wires are ignition on (+) and the black/yellow wires are ground (-).
If your customers ride in deep water or somehow cause water intrusion into this connector, a special prevention is required because the problem could repeat. After cleaning up the corrosion or the main harness is replaced (because the connector itself is not available separate), some dielectric grease should be applied inside the connector and it should be well sealed to prevent further moisture intrusion.

The ultimate repair is to remove all of the black/yellow ground wires, solder them together and seal them separately from the connector.

If you guys want to learn more about the almighty Brute Force which is a GREAT machine, you might want to check out brutecentral. That place is the Brute Force Resource.

hillbilly426
04-20-2008, 10:16 AM
i gotta agree that the quad is junk .my buddy needs a crank bearing .kaw told him he needs to buy a new case .the motor only has 50 hrs on it .one rod bent pisto cracked all the bearings are shot

Which 450?
04-28-2008, 08:05 PM
so one has a problem, this means all of them are junk? I kno of dozens with thousands of miles, no problems.

RTJ
04-28-2008, 09:56 PM
MY DAD USED TO SAY SOME PEOPLE COULD TEAR UP A SLEDGHAMMER IN A SAND PILE, MAYBE THESE FEW THAT ARE HAVING TROUBLE ARE THOSE PEOPLE. MY 750 IS USED ON A FARM EVERYDAY. RODE BY HIRED HELP THAT COULD CARE LESS NO PROBS SO FAR

monster kawi 55
05-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by hillbilly426
i gotta agree that the quad is junk .my buddy needs a crank bearing .kaw told him he needs to buy a new case .the motor only has 50 hrs on it .one rod bent pisto cracked all the bearings are shot You mean the stealer told him this. I highly doubt it was a factory rep. Go back to ridin' your sheep.

Brute Force 23
07-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I know this guy is just trying to get people pissed off. But i have been riding for over 15 years now and im only 21 so i have grown up riding. my family and i have have never been a brand a and only brand a company. I have had honda, suzuki, and Kawasaki, and right now Kawasaki has them all beat for the best quad for the money. Every quad company has its issues but Kawasaki has them beat with the moter, the sups, the whole machine. Have you been on a honda recently, outdated eveything, not much have changed since the 2000 honda forman es and i still have one. Suzuki is not using a v-twin and not producing the power that is should be. I won't even mention polaris for the all
the known reasons. Can-am is nice but it cost basically 10,000 dollars just to get out the door. An i love my brute force its nothing but bad *** and puts most 4wheelers to shame.

speedy
07-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Just bought me a 08 Brute and im loving it .

spearman_929
04-14-2009, 11:59 PM
my dad has a o6 b force and he is having problems with the displays everything on the quad works except the the dash. how can this be fixed.

Which 450?
04-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by spearman_929
my dad has a o6 b force and he is having problems with the displays everything on the quad works except the the dash. how can this be fixed.

There is a problem with a ground lug under the seat. I had the dealer fix mine under warranty, but check out kawieriders.com do a search and you will see how to fix it.

jabz400
04-15-2009, 01:48 PM
this thread is a total waste of time the brute force 750i is a great quad ya there might be better ones but it gets u from point a to b and possibly C:devil:

b2™
04-21-2009, 04:02 PM
What a tool. The only problem I've had is with mine overheating after goin' off in a deep hole. But other than that, no probs whatever w/ my 08 650i

TeryxMudder
09-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Granted the brutes chassis is not the best sorted of the 4x4 bikes out there. The Outlanders and new sportsman XP has it beat in the chassis department. But the brute still makes one of the best deep mud machines out there and the Kawasaki V twin is a tough reliable engine that is tuner friendly. The Teryx guys are really starting to build some reliable big horsepower with the kawasaki Twin.

look here, I think this video speaks for its self! I don't think there are any 180 H.P. CanAm twins out there that I know of!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48SVVc_4sjA

Plus the brute is still thousands of dollars cheaper than the flag ship Polaris, Can am and Artic cat machines!

Bwild
09-23-2009, 09:17 AM
This is to hillbilly
Your buddys quad was run out of oil. All the bearings going all at once? Those bearings are pressure fed oil to run, much like a truck engine. Run it out of oil and of course it well blow up regardless of hours. Im a kawi mech and the problems I see are 90% opertor error. Great quads if you take care of them.

josh burden
10-12-2009, 10:29 AM
this kid is an idiot

josh burden
10-12-2009, 10:29 AM
this kid is an idiot

stumpjumper_09
11-18-2009, 03:49 PM
I have had my 09 brute 750i for about a week. from what i can tell compared to my sportsman is serious weight lose program and put it on CRACK. WOW this bike is strung out!!! If it holds up nearly as good as the Polaris I'll be happy.

Every wheeler I've ever owned had issues with the Rad. getting plugged with mud. even both of the jeeps.

As for all the bearings going out of the engine..... try checking oil and proper break in.

keep up the ranting. this is fun to read

wrekd
11-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by stumpjumper_09
I have had my 09 brute 750i for about a week. from what i can tell compared to my sportsman is serious weight lose program and put it on CRACK. WOW this bike is strung out!!! If it holds up nearly as good as the Polaris I'll be happy.

Haha, they are pretty strung out.

Two of my friends I ride with both have 09 Brute Force 750's. Those things flat out HAUL for a 4x4.

Throw in a maroon EPI Primary spring and the tires don't stop spinning. $20 and it makes a HUGE difference in take off and doesn't affect top speed.

So far neither of them had any issues at all. My friends cousins is about a year old and has 1200 + or - miles on it. He just changed the belt last week. You could've put some Armor All on the damn thing and threw it back on the shelf. I don't even know why he changed it. My friend just got his about 3 months ago, and no problems so far.

IMO, the Brutes are the best bang for the buck.

stumpjumper_09
11-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks, Gonna have to remember that little clutch trick. Don't think i'm doing anything to it yet, just rolled 20miles. maybe in a couple more weeks.

stumpjumper_09
11-19-2009, 10:48 PM
WREKD....................

I can't believe you don't have a plazma and surround sound on that Raptor!!!! Got just about everything in the Dennis Kirk cat. lol.. Sounds like a nice ride.

wrekd
11-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't even have a Plasma in my house!!...yet...LOL....But yeah, I like it alot. Its a torque monster for sure.

I definitely recommend that clutch spring though. Its takes about an hour or so to change depending on how many beers you have. No special tools needed. IMO, for $20, its the best cheap mod there is.

Which 450?
11-21-2009, 06:56 AM
+1 on the EPI maroon spring. I have it in my '08

towman
01-08-2010, 07:30 PM
well my buddy has an 07 750 brute and he just smoked the crank for the 2nd time and the dealer wouldt fix it and kawy wouldt help him out they r a grat 4x4 just if kawy would stand by it like we do

stumpjumper_09
01-25-2010, 12:33 PM
i have enough problems keeping the front end on the ground with it stock. 180 hp would be killer!!!:devil:

pigeon-13
03-24-2010, 04:02 AM
I just bought my first brute force after alot of looking around at what was available used in the big bore utility. I just bought a 2008 750i. I got it home changed the oil now i have a couple rides on it i love it my friend who has a 2005 brute force has 5900 miile and towed my brother outlander back to the cabin last weekend. P.s With these big v twins they do sip oil so if you don't do regular oil change after every or every other ride or check your oil you will be replacing crank bearings. Checking a dip stick is a small price to pay for how much fun this machines.

justpars
03-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Waddle said he worked at a dealership that sold all four brands. Well I have had 3 of the 4...never owned a polaris because THEY ARE GARBAGE....not the brute force. I have seen polaris ATV's with issues so I have never owned one. I love my brute force. I liked my Honda's, I have had a fourtrax and a rancher. Reliable but outdated. My Suzuki was okay never had any problems but the resale sucked. The brute force is the best you can get for the money. It was a consumer digest's best buy. Do your research and then post. :D

stumpjumper_09
03-30-2010, 06:56 AM
My polaris 700 was put through hell and kept taking it. I feel that it was a better "out of the box" machine than my brute. the creature comforts of the sportsman were far superior to the brute also. 3 times the storage, rear work lights, and turn key starting no need for a second button. but the brute has alot more power and with some help will handle better.

RTJ
04-05-2010, 03:38 AM
guys it might be time to end this toplc. when you start comparing a brute force and a polaris you cant go any lower