PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever used one of these ?

lee37vernon
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
e bay item 330076023623

round metal peice goes in inlet, think was called ' vortex ' , allegedly creates a mini tornado and gives extra power .

looks like a load of b*****ks .. however some of the feedback reckons it worked , maybe they were just ashamed they'd been duped , lol .

RichM1983
01-15-2007, 04:25 PM
My god that looks like something some moron would make in his basement. It looks like the fins are getting ready to break off and have fun inside your motor.

C-LEIGH RACING
01-15-2007, 04:29 PM
One of the Mac Dizzy guys that runs the GNCC events uses one on his 250R & says it cause the carb to have better throttle response down low in the rpms. I think he said it only will fit the 38mm A/S or a 39mm Keihin.
Neil

lee37vernon
01-16-2007, 03:16 AM
i suppose if the fins on an airstryker can do something ....

however does look pretty mickey mouse . apparently some of them even come flat to roll yourself :eek:

one on flea bay looked ok , had rounded fins , looked more pressed and one peice so you would'nt lose the fins .

think i'll just bolt on my 330 kit instead :devil:

C-LEIGH RACING
01-16-2007, 06:16 AM
I didnt see what you were talking about, no pic. Add a link so we can see. What you just decribed sounds different than the piece I mentioned.
Neil

Creech52
01-16-2007, 07:41 AM
If its the same thing as the "tornado" for cars its junk and a waste of money. While I was in school (tech school for automotive) we had some teachers tell us they heard of a few falling apart and getting into the motor. If anything its just a boost bottle type thing, just another doodad to waste money on that really has no noticable gain.

lee37vernon
01-16-2007, 08:22 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D%2B330076023623% 2B%26fvi%3D1&item=330076023623

C-LEIGH RACING
01-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, thats different than what I was talking about.

The thing I mentioned will insert into the bell of the carb in the filter boot side & has a flat blade right in the middle & sticks into the bore of the carb.

Those thing listed on e bay would cause the intaking air to rotate as it went through the carb & probably would be a fuel savings device, but not for a performance gain.

If rotating air through the bore of a carb would increase performance on our 2 stroke engines, then Keihin has surely wasted a great deal of money, research & R&D testing time on the Air Stryker carbs they offer.
Those two vanes in the bottom of the bore on the A/S carbs, straighten the air flow out to cross over the needle jet tube properly for better throttle responce & increased performance.
Neil

Scott-300ex
01-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok, for cars, you think they would work, good concept but think of it, for a fire/flame all ou need is oxygen, if its mixed in then it would help but the first ignition, the fire will have all the oxegen it needs in the tiny combustion chamber, so it really wouldn't do much man.

Also, I heard they were bs from guys that had them.

BUT THAT IS IN YOUR CARB, BEFORE IT HITS YOUR REEDS, WHEN IT HITS YOUR REEDS THAT WILL F**K THE WHOLE MIXTURE UP SO ITS POINTLESS.