PDA

View Full Version : Is Four Stroke Tech Still in Business???

Lonestar_R
01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Can anyone answer this for me. I am looking for engine componets for my 300EX.

mad440
01-15-2007, 06:19 PM
I know there website still works fourstroketech.net so i can only imagine yes they are

Lonestar_R
01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I tried to call there tonight but the phone was busy. so I don't know

mad440
01-15-2007, 06:49 PM
They only answer teh phone like 3-4 hours out of the day so go to the website and check on the phone hrs. when you do get through you will be talking directly to Mickey hes the only one who answers the phone

Lonestar_R
01-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I called between their hours cause I live in Pennsylvania and they are in Pennsylvania. I want some info on their cams. I think I'm going to order the whole top end from them minus the piston cause they are the cheapest for everything else. and you can't go wrong with a name like FST

xcyfz450
01-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
I called between their hours cause I live in Pennsylvania and they are in Pennsylvania. I want some info on their cams. I think I'm going to order the whole top end from them minus the piston cause they are the cheapest for everything else. and you can't go wrong with a name like FST

you mean 1 lap dunlap??????:rolleyes:

Lonestar_R
01-15-2007, 07:18 PM
hey just answer the question...keep your opinions to yourself

coryatver
01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes they are still in buisness they do more of the kawasaki and utility engines now. Good thing you are doing your own work or else your bike would be sitting in his shop for a year.

Lonestar_R
01-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I do all my own work that I can possibly do. thanks for the answer cory

bwamos
01-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Yea he's still in business. As far as the 1-lap dunlap comment, meh it doesn't seem accurate. I've been running my 330ex FST build for 7 years now. Easily over 1000hrs on the motor.

Mickey's hard to get a hold of.. he's a small shop. I always found e-mail was the best option. Of course it's not availiable on his site.. so you have to get it through the grapevine. I'm pretty positive it's not the same one he had 7 years ago or I'd give it to you.

Since you're doing your own piston.. if you go with the big valve head make sure your pistons valve recesses are remilled for the larger valves.

I got the head done, cam, piston, big bore sleeve pressed, CDI modified (rev increase only), etc all done by him then did all the reassembly and tuning myself.

Just a warning.. if you're polite and respectful hes great to work with.. if you're not.... he's got no problem giving it right back.. lol.

I'd also check out Curtis Sparks. He's also great with the 300ex. (best 300ex pipe too, IMHO).

Lonestar_R
01-16-2007, 08:48 AM
bwamos - Thanks for all the info. I'm not going with a big valves so I don't need to worry about it. I just want a mild 300EX Motor. A little more than stock is all, just to give her a little more snap. My 12 year old stepson is rinding the quad and he doesn't need the biggest and baddest.

panteramatt
01-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Yea, Im tired of the negative comments to mickay also. I saw the BADDEST utility quad Ive ever laid eyes on built by him and also had a 500ex that still runs strong today!