View Full Version : R U Racing rear bearing carriers

fast400ex#61
09-23-2002, 08:48 PM
hey i was wondering if anyone else was running a R U racing double row rear bearing carrier? i have got one and i think that they are made to narrow. i installed mine, tightened the axle lock nut like normal and the rear axle would not turn. i removed my rear brake caliper and found that the four allen headed bolts that hold the rear rotor to the hub were rubbing on the rear caliper mount. I made a .100" spacer and installed it so i could race last weekend, Any one else got this problem, also to they have a web site? thanks a lot guys:confused:

eldoexrider01
09-23-2002, 08:57 PM
hrm never heard of it maybe its the wrong one for ur bike. ill bump this up

09-23-2002, 09:44 PM
I am not sure but I think that co. is connected to the "group" of dealers that everyone has had problems with.

What I had noticed from a previos thread that I had started about problems with Factory Racing is that most of the "problem dealers" had the same generic import #$@! for sale (eg. Magnum etc) but few if any brand name equip.

As I said I am not sure but the name sound familiar and I will try to look it up.

Also I have found that this industry tends to accept a very low quality or at min has a high amount of tolerence in the parts we buy and many need to be modified just to work. This can be because there are so many "newbies" that are just getting into ATV's and they are taking advantage of it.

Razorback
09-24-2002, 06:55 AM
R U Racing sells the RAD carrier, which may be the one you've got. i have this same one and haven't had any problems with it. actually, i'm extremely pleased with it, so i'm not sure what the deal is with yours.

Ex'r Marlin
09-24-2002, 12:19 PM
I do not have the Recreation Unlimited Twin row bearing axle carrier, but I do have the Recreation Unlimited Tapered bearing axle carrier. I have had it for over 9 months now.... No problems to date. One of my friends has the same one as I do, and he too has no problems to date. Actually, we find ourselves really impressed how well it went together and is performing.

Sorry to hear your problems with them. I would not hesitate calling where you got it from, and ask them for RU's phone number, or who could help you with this. Adding a spacer does not sound right at all!:confused:

CHAR250R
09-26-2002, 03:54 PM
I bought a Rad carrier for my 350x. I got 3 from them, and none of them fit. You should of bought a good one. I didn't and I now have a $200.00 P. O. S. paperweight. Get your money back before you get screwed.