PDA

View Full Version : 98 300ex Helllllllpppppppppp Please !

DrgnWagN
01-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I was riding and it quit running . Got it home and the button start does not do any thing , It turns over if i use a screwdriver to cross the sol over . I checked for spark and i'm not getting any ! Please any one have any ideals ?

AbnMP13
01-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I'd start with replacing the solenoid if you're having to use the screwdriver.

DrgnWagN
01-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Will the solenoid keep it from getting spark and the push button from working ? even tho it still turns over ?

bwamos
01-15-2007, 01:32 PM
1st things first.. Make sure you didn't accidentally trip the red kill switch on your start button assembly.

Trust me it's happened to all of us.. lol. Tow it back to camp.. pull off the plastic.. get ready to break out the multi-meter.. and then "oh man I bet I hit the handle bar kill switch!". Blush, flip the switch.. start fidling with the wires (s a cover up tactic).. and start it up, hoping noone noticed your mistake.. lol.

If it's not that make sure you're reverse lever isn't pulled up. ;)

Then after that.. I'd check the N & R connectors begind the sheet metal plate on the right side of your engine underneath your foot brake lever.

Since it won't even try to turn over, it sounds like the motor thinks it's in reverse.

Also if the little switch on the clutch lever isn't working right it will only allow you to start in Neutral.

So kick her into neutral. Make sure your red kill is centered. Make sure your reverse lever is down.. then giver her another try.

If that doesnt work.. frame ground the N & R wires under the foot brake lever to make sure they have a good ground for testing.

DrgnWagN
01-15-2007, 02:10 PM
bwamos Email Please at snk@eldonpc.com

DrgnWagN
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Still need help

honda300EXtreme
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
well , you have a bad electrical connection somewhere so, clean all connections, also check all of the wires, and replace the fuse also, let me know, your problem is deffinatley electrical so just start cleanin and checking

DrgnWagN
01-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Still can't get any spark or the start button to work , Still need HELP ....................................

interceptorz28
01-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey man, go out and check ALL your wiring. Yes , it is not fun, but you gotta do it. Report back after that.

400exrider707
01-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by DrgnWagN
Still can't get any spark or the start button to work , Still need HELP ....................................

Well what have you tried so far?

DrgnWagN
01-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I replaced the fuse , cleaned the battery and cables , cleaned all the wireing and cont. and new battery Still nothing .