PDA

View Full Version : best pipe for the money

KASCHAK
09-23-2002, 08:33 PM
what is the best pipe for a 400ex that will give it power and also make it faster. my friend has t4 and it just made it loud. i want something that makes some noise but makes it more powerful and faster. i'm on a limited bujet so i need some thing that is cheap and good at the same time

if any one can help me please tell me!!

i would think thats what everybody wants a fast good pipe for cheap,.......but some people just dont listen:rolleyes:

eldoexrider01
09-23-2002, 08:45 PM
if not the t4 id say the hmf. my friend has one and it looks top class and sounds great. he claims good performance but ive never rode it. it has good low end also like the t4

DarkStarRacing
09-24-2002, 11:00 AM
white bros e series is very very popular and i hear good things about it, not that costly

yellow machine
09-24-2002, 12:19 PM
I have the e-series slip on, with 18 discs.

One of my friends has a yoshi full, and the other has a fmf with a power bomb header. Where we ride we have made a drag strip, and my stock header (with the welds ground down) and E-series slip on with 18 discs will beat them. It is a little loud with 18 but WB dyno sheet show the most HP w/18.

E-series is a good, inexpensive pipe.

yellow400
09-24-2002, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400ex_kaschak
[B]what is the best pipe for a 400ex that will give it power and also make it faster. my friend has t4 and it just made it loud. i want something that makes some noise but makes it more powerful and faster. i'm on a limited bujet so i need some thing that is cheap and good at the same time

I have a big gun slip on for sale. IF you want it ill take best offer it's only 1 week of used and brand new it's 270 shipped, i never used the spark arrestor and that is included.

thanks

400exInMI
09-24-2002, 06:02 PM
I just bought the Pro Circuit T-4 slip on for mine and I love it. I has better low-end grunt. I have yet to see if I need to change the jets yet, but will find out this weekend after my ride... It is loud, but you can get a quite core for it...I recommend it. On sale at http://www.rockymountainmc.com, for 187.99....
Another thing to keep in mind is whatever you do, do not waste your money on a head pipe, no matter what system it is.... slip in is what give you the power...the head pipe I think is mostly for looks, unless you have a modified motor...

methyman
09-24-2002, 06:14 PM
I had a Cutris Parks X-4 pipe on my 400ex and it was great till I rode my buddies with a HMF full exhaust. I since changed my pipe to the HMF which is stainless stell and won't rust like my Curtis Sparks pipe did. Good luck in your choice on pipe.

http://www.hmfengineering.com/400HomePg.html

Dune Surfer
09-24-2002, 10:51 PM
I love my supertrapp IDS2 people stop me wherever I ride and ask about it &179 at rockymountian.