PDA

View Full Version : WTB A-arms, or help me decide

Creech52
01-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Ok heres the dilema, Ive spoken to Jeff Houser a few times about the +1+1 LT a-arms on ebay and hes willing to sell them to me at a really really good price, I have the cash and was planning on calling up today and getting them, however now im starting to have my doubts. Im building a trail quad so I figured +1s would be perfect and they are LT so Ill the suspension travel for some jumping, however my friend that I ride with has a yfz 450 which fit through the trails fine, he now has +1 ST a-arms on it and still fits fine, so should I try to find a set of +2's? and Im very picky about a-arm designs, so could I find a set of used +2s std or preferably long travel for around 300-350 or should I buy the brand new housers for less??? Please help.:huh

800screws
01-15-2007, 09:23 AM
i myself don't trail ride, but most pro's run +1 long travel arms for gncc. plus if u ever watch quad videos, the cross country sections show them jumping pretty big air. even some gncc courses run through mx sections...i would go with long travel arms, instead of standard, but that's just me. plus houser is a good brand to go with especially if u can get a good deal.

Creech52
01-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Im more or less debating wether or not I want +1s or +2s, and if I go with +2s they will have to be used to get in my price range. I just was looking for some input on if the +1s would be enough extra width to notice or if anyone had some good +2s in my price range.

honda380
01-15-2007, 11:27 AM
I would get the +1s, you can always get different offset rims to give you more width. and if you pass the good deal now, you might not get another one! Corey

CorvetteZ06
01-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by honda380
I would get the +1s, you can always get different offset rims to give you more width. and if you pass the good deal now, you might not get another one! Corey

I agree. go for it! :D

250Renvy
01-15-2007, 04:56 PM
I would get the +1s because +2's will be in the same if not higher price range but used. Houser just wants to dump their 250r stock. If I had long travel shocks I would get the +1's from them too.

+1 A-arms technically don't make the quad any wider just the front end, this is because of the width of the rear tires +2's make the front slightly wider than the stock rear width.

I have stock, +1's and +2's and the +2's are great but sometimes just a tad too wide.

Creech52
01-16-2007, 07:34 AM
I guess its decided then, Ill be ordering my brand new +1+1 Houser LT A-arms today, and maybe a t-shirt. Ill post pics when they get here in my O-SO-DEAD build up thread. Now I just have to find LT shocks for a cheap price....:mad:

Creech52
01-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Ok I think I may be slightly disapointed in Houser. I spoke to Jeff through ebay a few times, seemed like a good guy to deal with, and accepted my offer. He told me to call him and leave all my info, so I did, this was before x-mas and new years. Well I recieved a call back in jan. He appologized for taking so long to call back due to the holidays, completely understandable. Well the money I had saved up was gone and then some due to some crap I had to deal with so it took me a little while to call back and get the ball rolling on ordering them, which brings you up to date with present. SO....he told me to contact Mark at houser because Jeff was going to be busy in their new shop getting things up and running. So I called "Mark" yesterday to place my order. It was around 11 Am. Well he said he wasn't sure if they still had the colors I was interested in, they did have red or black lowers with chrome uppers. I didnt want red, but was kinda interested in black and chrome however it was a price jump and I wanted to get the deal me and Jeff worked out. So he told me he'd check on it and call me back. Well no call by 1pm and I had to leave to do some work related stuff. So I get back around 3pm and I decided to call to make sure he didnt try to reach me while I was out. Mark....had no idea who I was...:mad: apperently he didnt write down my info like I assumed. So he gave some line about he didnt have time to look they had computer problems blah blah blah. So while I had him on the phone I told him about the deal me and jeff had and he said he would have to check with Jeff and I gave him my ebay user name. Well I still havent heard back from him....I hope when I call today he at least knows what the **** is going on...I guess I should start browsing other companys for A-arms...:mad: :mad:

kiesta00
01-17-2007, 09:35 PM
check your pm's

Creech52
01-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Ok this will be the last bump of this thread...Sorry...Anyway I ordered the Houser +1+1 LT a-arms friday. I sent Jeff an email about the whole ordeal and he got kinda pissy and said I would be better off just dealing with Mark and getting the black vein lowers and chrome uppers. SO...thats what I did. Mark was alot nicer this time around, of course I wasnt asking about the all black set or trying to haggle price I just simply said Ill take the black and chrome set for the $350. Which still is a hell of a deal on brand new long travel a-arms. The only thing is that he said they take a 19 1/4" shock...that seems kinda long for +1 wide. Theres +3 long travel A-arms that take that long of a shock. Anyone have any ideas? Ok so next post will be in my build thread with pictures of course, I like every other gearhead I love getting new parts in the mail....*giddy school girl dance*:blah:

ChvyCruzen
01-22-2007, 08:59 AM
*deleted*

250Renvy
01-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Creech, shock lengths are all the same whether long travel or std travel for std to +3 lengths. Generally from what I've seen the shock position is the same but the +3's would extend further.

Good choice on the arms though, probably would have paid the same for +2's used.