PDA

View Full Version : long line rezzy

bigb189
01-15-2007, 06:55 AM
hey i got a elka rear shock with the long remote rezzy line on it. I currently have it ran along the top frame rail to the front. I was wondering if anyone else has a picture of there setup with a long rezzy line.

Scro
01-15-2007, 12:05 PM
No pics, but I ran mine underneath my gas tank. I wish Elka would put make the lines similar to Axis, so that it could be mounted on the rear. Mounting them up front is more trouble than it's worth.

mad440
01-15-2007, 06:16 PM
I always questioned that myself, i mean it has to work, but if you think about it during normal or even above normal riding where the shock doesnt move in its full stroke it seems like the rezzie is pointless because whatever the shock is charged with will not have a chance to cycle to the rezzie do to that long line. Say you put a BB or a small bearing in the middle of that long rezzie line when the shock is at full extension the BB will be sucked towards the shock to fill the extra volume but doesnt make it into the shock body, i.e the same goes for full compression if the BB doesnt make it into the rezzie its like there is not even a point to having the rezzie on there. It seems like a shorter rezzie line that mounts in the back will offer more function than the long one. Or you can just call me an idiot and tell me i have no clue when it comes to shock dynamics/principles..lol