PDA

View Full Version : Bad muffler design!!!!

Lil90man!!
10-20-2001, 10:48 AM
Ok i am pretty sure i would not be the first person to notice this but has anyone noticed somone had a serious design flaw on the 300ex's muffler???? i was out ridin yesterday and i did a wheelie and went back to far and hit the ground and it bent mi silencer out to the left a little bit it didn't break but it put a nice little mark right after the silencer narrrows out and now i have a lot harder time gett'n the back plastic/seat on and the muffler rubs the plastic(it has aluminum tape or whatever on it already) has anyone had a problem with this??? and will mi muffler be ok it is just kinda bent a little bit not broke or cracked or anything

trueblue450
10-20-2001, 11:30 AM
I can fix your problem = Don't put it on the grab bar again..... :D

You will probaly buy a new muffler some day anyways.. I have put mine on the grab bar but never had the muffler bent.???

Red Rooster
10-20-2001, 03:47 PM
When my quad was stock the pipe was quite a ways away. I never bent it when I put it up on the grabbar to wash it. Just buy a new aftermarket exaust.....:D

kc 300EX
10-20-2001, 03:50 PM
i managed to snap my stock grab bar in half, and i also managed to bend my stock exaust almost in half

Now I have a PRM grab bar, and a WB exaust

4punksdad
10-20-2001, 04:17 PM
you must have smacked a rock or something with your exhaust. your muffler should not hit the ground when the bike is stood on end. either way, it should be alright.

I know a guy who wants to sell a full big gun exhaust for a 300ex. e-mail me if you are interested.

Lil90man!!
10-20-2001, 06:31 PM
Hey thanks for the help i looked at where i wrecked and where i was it was a little hill that i just caught, thanks 3punksdad but i don't really want the big gunn, WAY to loud from what i have heard for what i want!!! thanks guys i think it will be alright for a little while but i will prob. end up get'n a new exhaust anyways

Lil90man!!
10-20-2001, 06:32 PM
Hey thanks for the help i looked at where i wrecked and where i was it was a little hill that i just caught, thanks 3punksdad but i don't really want the big gunn, WAY to loud from what i have heard for what i want!!! thanks guys i think it will be alright for a little while but i will prob. end up get'n a new exhaust anywaysm, any advice for a halfway quiet, nice sounding(deep throaty) pipe, not really want to boost power just quiet/sound

4punksdad
10-20-2001, 06:52 PM
90man.......there is someone selling a stock exhaust in the classifieds if you want to replace your stock pipe.

Lil90man!!
10-20-2001, 08:03 PM
no that is alright it is ok for now and i will save the $ for a new aftermarket one;)

hotrodhonda400
10-21-2001, 07:33 AM
do you do alot of jumping with your bike? I did with my 300 and at the time i had a stock pipe and the brake caliper would hit the bottom of the silencer and put a nasty dent in the bottom when i would go of the bigger jumps, but an aftermarket pipe fixed that!!;) my brother inlaw had the same problem and it eventually snapped the weld ..

Tommy 17
10-21-2001, 08:26 AM
I know a blaster wit a fmf pipe its scraps off the ground when u hit the wheelie bar. i wish the 400ex wheelie bar would be able to be taking off like all other quads thats 1 of my 2 complaints about the 400ex.

DEAL
10-21-2001, 08:29 AM
Get a Diffrent Grab bar.

Lil90man!!
10-21-2001, 06:02 PM
OK i really think it is just mi bike or something i did it AGAIN!!! i just bent it a little more!!! now my plastic is a pain in the arse to get on, as if it wuzn't already a pain!!!! ahh well it will eventually get far enough back that i won't be able to do it agian!!!!! hey does anyone know can u put a 400ex stock silencer on a 300 and how much work is it??