PDA

View Full Version : a-arm mods

unclemyke
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
i did a search(kinda) for anybody that has used an a-arm from another quad on there blaster. couldn't find anything. i don't really wanna' spend 4hundy on an aftermarket set. just want something a little longer, and of course the disc brakes that will go along with those arms:D . can anybody shed some light on this subject?

broncogurl
01-15-2007, 12:13 AM
I haven't heard of any other quad a-arms that will fit a Blaster. I'm thinking only Blaster a-arms fit on a Blaster. I know that Banshee and YFZ450 a-arms will not work though.

blaster99
01-15-2007, 03:07 PM
no other a-arms work

ILOVESTRIPPERS
01-15-2007, 07:11 PM
they sell a widening kit on ebay that will let yfz 450 shocks fit they say

blaster99
01-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ILOVESTRIPPERS
they sell a widening kit on ebay that will let yfz 450 shocks fit they say

the widining kits are so unsafe.. please do not ever get them. you will snap them. i saw a kid at a race with them.. and he got hauled away in an amublence bacause they snaped off of a 20 foot ski jump.. jsut get some asr a-arms.. there cheap, look good and are strong.

custom racing
01-16-2007, 11:11 AM
i completly argree with blaster99 with the widing kit. i bought one of those ones off ebay and now im regretting it. you can find some dope a-arms stock size or wider and will still fit your stock shocks or you can buy some works performace or elka. i would spend the 400 bucks man it will be worth it.

mobileblaster
01-16-2007, 12:44 PM
If you shop wisely on ebay you will find a good deal. I shopped for two weeks and got +3+1 asr arms, works shocked valved for my weight, and a blaster zone rear brake kit all new for under 450$ shipped. Now my frame is getting powdercoated Trans anodized blue. All for under 500 bills. But I agree DO NOT USE THE WIDENING KIT. Also before ASR will warranty there lifetime a arms you must have proof of purchase for aftermarket shocks.

ILOVESTRIPPERS
01-17-2007, 09:33 PM
I ALMOST BOUGHT THE WIDENING KIT TOO GOOD THING I DIDNT WASTE MY MONEY I COULD OF HURT MT SELF THANKS I APPRECIATE THE INPUT