PDA

View Full Version : thinking of aftermarket handlebars-need advise

bigsled
01-14-2007, 07:48 PM
hello, been trying to get alittle info on bars here.
i will be mounting a GPS on bars. mounting hardware only allows up to 1" so i suppose i'd have to stick with the 7/8 th bars?? was wondering if the 60.00 pro taper or renthal or whatever brand aftermarkets are better than stock ? and how so, besides not bending as easy ?
also how would i pick a pair? i'm 6'4" broad shoulders, ride fast and aggressive and also slow technical. dont jump . midwest trail riding. ( no dunes, or rocks )
i've tilted my stock ones up so they are alittle bit away from me. it seemed to help with my long arms. any help would be appreciated. i have a 400ex

HondaEXrider22
01-15-2007, 07:45 AM
After market bars are pretty much to help to not bend in wrek and look better and sometimes save a little weight.(not much) My bars, Longhorn with trailtech clamps(www.rockymountainatv.com) Are fat where they rae on the clamps and where they come up to bend, and then get skinny so the brake perch/cable/ect and hook up. You should be able to get the GPS on, but I am not sure and dont want to cost you a 60 dollar mistake. I am sure you can make some kind of modifications for it though.

ZSNOW
01-15-2007, 07:47 AM
they're not as worth it as everyone says in my oppinion.i would only get new ones if u bend what u have...i mean if ur wicked tall and the stock ones are to low buy some atv high bends or just get risers for what height u need...jmo

m.h.s.c.#527
01-16-2007, 07:53 PM
i would get a cr DOUBLE high i got a cr high and im 5foot 9 and they are a little low