PDA

View Full Version : A couple pics from The Landing MX today

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Went to the Landing MX today for some practice. The track was pretty muddy in spots but we managed pretty well. Here are a few pics.
JT. Elliot was there for some practice for this seasons points race.

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Me coming to a corner

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:45 PM
JT again.....

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:48 PM
There are some doubles I was having trouble getting the nerve to do JT lead the way and I followed!

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:49 PM
JT on a double....

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Me going for it:D

JRP
01-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Me going for it:D

damn that would of hurt if you cased it:eek: Thats the stuff that intimidate me. Good job chris!

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Here is another double....

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:54 PM
JT......

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Another of the double above

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 06:58 PM
JT coming in for a landing

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
This track is very dirtbike friendly. Alot of the landings of jumps are short and steep. It is a good practice track though. I learned alot from the little riding I did with JT.

Dupontster
01-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Alot of the jumps there were pretty tricky because there right after a turn.

broncogurl
01-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Damn! I wish we had a track like that. :(

Nice pics! :D

#88yfz
01-16-2007, 06:19 AM
thats a good way to practice 158 with #152 i bet u were tired on the ride home!

QuadRacer041
01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
nice pics

Delaware152
01-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
nice pics

You probably liked the brand of bike the 152 numbers are on or what brand they are not on...one less person to argue with you. LOL The C-Dales treated me good but I have no regrets on the change.

Dupontster
01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
thats a good way to practice 158 with #152 i bet u were tired on the ride home!

Yea I was. I wasnt going as hard as I could and I was still sore!

Delaware152
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Chris...It was good to meet you and your family. Hopefully you get over this way again before the 1st race. Maybe we can get to ride at Seaford....the mud comes off much easier. LOL

QuadRacer041
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Delaware152
You probably liked the brand of bike the 152 numbers are on or what brand they are not on...one less person to argue with you. LOL The C-Dales treated me good but I have no regrets on the change.

lol
im happy you made the switch. you just need some walsh parts on that bad boy.

Dupontster
01-16-2007, 11:56 AM
It was nice seeing you guys. Id like to go to the landing atleast one more time. I didnt really care for it in the begining but once I got jumping all the jumps it was ok. It was a good confidence booster. Were definetly heading to seaford sometime soon.

Delaware152
01-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
lol
im happy you made the switch. you just need some walsh parts on that bad boy.

We actually agree on something. I got a set of Fox shocks a couple weeks ago and Walsh a-arms and linkage were delivered yesterday. After I get one with suspension then I am probably not going to ride the other one stock...then I will have to spend more money.

QuadRacer041
01-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Delaware152
We actually agree on something. I got a set of Fox shocks a couple weeks ago and Walsh a-arms and linkage were delivered yesterday. After I get one with suspension then I am probably not going to ride the other one stock...then I will have to spend more money.

you got 2 zuki's? nice
at leaste youll finish most of your races now, lol. good luck man.

Delaware152
01-17-2007, 04:44 AM
It was nice seeing you guys. Id like to go to the landing atleast one more time. I didnt really care for it in the begining but once I got jumping all the jumps it was ok. It was a good confidence booster. Were definetly heading to seaford sometime soon.

I want to get over to Easton a few more times also. Give me a call when you are heading to Seaford.

Dupontster
01-17-2007, 04:47 AM
lol. We'll definetly call before we leave this time.

mxdad
01-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Do they let quads ride all of the tracks? How are the kid's tracks there? Is it worth $40 a day? Thanks for any help!!!

Dupontster
01-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mxdad
Do they let quads ride all of the tracks? How are the kid's tracks there? Is it worth $40 a day? Thanks for any help!!!

MX...This is Pop Dup....Looks like quads do ride on all tracks....Didn't really notice the kids tracks that much....IMO $40.00 is a rip off....They did give us a break because we didn't get there until 2:15 so they didn't charge for spectators ($5.00 ea.)....It is more of a Dirt Bike track to me....Drainage didn't look too good either....There was some major mud in places....At least I hope it was mud...:eek:

quad2xtreme
01-19-2007, 08:32 PM
MX...This is Pop Dup....Looks like quads do ride on all tracks....Didn't really notice the kids tracks that much....IMO $40.00 is a rip off....They did give us a break because we didn't get there until 2:15 so they didn't charge for spectators ($5.00 ea.)....It is more of a Dirt Bike track to me....Drainage didn't look too good either....There was some major mud in places....At least I hope it was mud...:eek:

Highly recommend you try out Breezewood if you ride a quad. You are right that the landers at The Landing are steep and often very sharp at the top...landing short can definitely send you flying. I used to ride at the Landing and could hardly move for the next several days. You can get more air at Breezewood and not tear your body up so much. In fact, I've ridden at Breezewood 3 days in a row after not riding for 6 months. I could never ride back-to-back days at the Landing. It is really designed for bikes.

Believe me, I am all into having more than one place to ride...everyone has their favorite track. Do yourself a favor and just try Breezewood once. You will love it! Breezewood is designed very well too so drainage it not an issue.

gbcap
01-20-2007, 06:39 AM
i am pretty sure all these guys have been to breezewood before. alot actually. the landing is alot closer to where they live and it was a short day so i guess they dind't want to make he trek to breezewood. i like to switch it up too.

hey btw...how did you like the pictures quad2xtreme?

quad2xtreme
01-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
i am pretty sure all these guys have been to breezewood before. alot actually. the landing is alot closer to where they live and it was a short day so i guess they dind't want to make he trek to breezewood. i like to switch it up too.

hey btw...how did you like the pictures quad2xtreme?

Greg, funny I was just looking at them before I jumped on here. Pictures are great. I was trying to figure out which ones to frame. Connie and I got married in October and we still haven't had any of those pictures printed either.

Speaking of trying out new tracks. I tried out one here in NC last weekend. I call it a bike track in that some of the jumps are pretty close together (making instant acceleration more difficult on a quad) and the landers are steep and pointed at the top. I tried to make the 2nd jump in a rhythm section and came up short. Lucky for me, I only flipped over the bars and got ran over by my quad. I have a lot of bruising and swelling and will have some back and neck pain for weeks or months but I expect to fully recover. I am sure I will go back to this track because it is only 1 hour away but I will be more careful on what I do. :eek2: They did have an 8 mile loop through the woods that is challenging due to NC clay soil.

Looking forward to getting back to Breezewood for more pictures. I am improving the quad right now...my new Stadium Suspension LT shocks just arrived and I expect the Houser +2 Sli-cast LT a-arms any day now. Colby at C&D Racing said everything was shipped earlier in the week. I still need to order the new rear axle and maybe a Precision Dampner.

Thanks again for getting me all the pictures on CD! Your a cheap date compared to buying an expensive camera and finding someone who could operate it. :D

/Jon

Dupontster
01-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Your right about the Landing and Breezewood. Weve been to breezewood once but it wasnt a good experience if you know what I mean..... The track was great and people, I just had a bad day of riding. The reason we went to The landing is because we have a points race in District 7 this year and I want as much time on that track as possible.

JW450R1
01-21-2007, 06:05 AM
does the landing have a web site or is it a private track??

Dupontster
01-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Yup here it is
http://thelandingmx.com/

JW450R1
01-21-2007, 06:26 AM
it looks like a pretty tight track

Joe400ex
01-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Damn after looking at those pics, makes me wanna ride MX.

JOe400ex:)

mxdad
01-23-2007, 03:16 AM

From what I am hearing, I guess we should probably just take the extra time to drive to Breezewood or Seaford instead.

Dupontster
01-23-2007, 04:58 AM
ONLY reason we went here:
1) Seaford was closed.
2) We have a D7 race there this year.
3) Seaford was closed.
4) Did I tell you Saford was closed? :D
Really don't care if we go back or not....

mxdad
01-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I wish Seaford wasn't 2.5 hours from me!!!