PDA

View Full Version : 450r of yfz450?

400EXKS
01-14-2007, 04:05 PM
i think i have my 400ex sold and not sure wat i wanna buy but its time to upgrade..im thinkin a 450r with a big bore kit or a yfz450 with a big bore kit?..which one would you recomend? thanx

cbr
01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
my preferance would be for trails=trx 450, mx=yfz /ltr.

quadking224
02-04-2007, 09:11 AM
i would say a 450r for all around...mx/trails....even a ltr would be good..dont like the yfz's

YFZ450Ridr
02-10-2007, 06:01 PM
i love my yfz for trails. sits lower, little more low end punch, and softer stock shocks for the rough woods. for my style of riding and personal preference the yfz fits me more and i like it much better than a 450r, stock for stock that is. one of my buddies just had his shocks rebuilt by gt thunder and wow what a difference, sits very low and handles like a dream.

i dont ride any mx, just woods, sand flats, and fields. the 2 are so close in performance its not funny. i found that stock the yfz has a little more low end grunt and it makes good power in high rpms. the 450r has an outstanding mid range hit but lacks a little low end when compared to a yfz, about the same high rpm power also. yes i have lots of seat time on 450Rs, 3 of my best friends have one so im not just going by what i have heard.

culichi
03-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I preferr the ltr for evrithing exept xc because is too wide for it but for dunesn and mx the GOD is the ltr

TWILES
03-04-2007, 07:04 PM
We have an 04 450R and I don't like it. My wife does but its about all she has had. The shocks SUCK, its too top heavy, the rear-end kicks dangerously, and has NO power past half throttle. I'd get the Yamaha. The only way to solve the problems with the Honda is throwing money at it to the point that you could have bought another 450R in the end. The Yamaha has a few things you can do right off the bat spending $40 on a fuel screw and jets and labor to get the exhaust cam rotated and get a lot more power out of it. The problem with the Honda is mainly the cam which is $200 to buy and whatever it cost to get someone to put it in. If you were to spend a $1000 on each from stock, you'd be looking for ways to BEST spend it on the Honda. You'd have some left over with the Yamaha and still make more power and be more fun to ride.

Rusty- Ranger
04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
I am thinking about getting a 450 too, i dont no if i want a yamaha or honda, by the sounds of it here get a yamaha. I have a 400ex now. I heard the yamahas have alot more problems then the hondas. is this true? I do all trail driving, not racing mx yet.

ThePhantomRider
04-26-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm in the same position, going to get a new 450....I hear all the people say how much better an MX er the LTR and YFZ are..yet Joe Byrd, and John Natalie won the GNC on one, Tim Farr has won TT championships on one, Doug Eichner has won the WORCS championship and currently Josh Frederick and Jeremy Schell are tearing up the WORCS and ITP series and lets not forget SCORE and BITD series have been domintated by Hondas over the past 2 years....

What I would say is get what you want, what is real important is which quad's egronomics fit you best.

Now for my situation, I have ridden all but the Kawasaki, I like the Honda best, Suzuki is ok because of the width, and Yamaha feels like a kid's power wheels to me. The Kawasaki egros are more to my liking which is Honda like....

That said, I have my money on the new 450 Can-Am is going to release...sight unseen, I have this strange feeling they are going to punch the big 4 right between the eyes with the best sport quad to date.

TPR