View Full Version : This is a tough one....

krt400ex
01-14-2007, 02:44 PM
i am not sure...this doesn't sound like a scam, but it is hard to tell. wut do u guys think, and do u think i should accept a cashiers check, or a personal check? thanks for the help

Hello Kurt Dorthe,

I will like you to know that i am still interested in it and i will like to go on with the buying of the 2005 400EX which price is $3200.

Also i will like you to be aware that the price is okay by me and also i will like you to consider it sold to me...

Hope that will be Done..???

Also i will like you to know that i will be sending you your payment in couple of days from now which will be issue out in Cashier Cheque and also i will like you to get Back to me with your full detail like the following that will be written on the cheque....

Your Full Name

Your Full Contact Address

Your Direct Telephone Number...

I await to read from you and also i will like to inform you that the payment that will be send to you will include some excess fund which will be for the picking up of the 2005 400EX after the cheque have been receive by you and it as been clear into your account by your Bank the excess fund will be send down to the Agent that will come down to your location for the picking up.

I await to read from you so that the payment will be send in couple of days from now,

Thanks.
Mr & Mrs Blanca.

honduh440
01-14-2007, 02:58 PM
nope fake as can be 100% even if u cash the check they will say it went threw and call you back 4 days later to tell u it bounced. DONT DO IT

MOFO
01-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I can't believe you even thought this might be real.

Its 110% fake - total scam!

01-14-2007, 03:19 PM
kurt you are hurting my brain :o

total scam. dont deal with checks, or rather, "cheques"

YFZRB
01-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Why is it a scam?
Kurt keeps the quad till the check clears and the money is in his bank right?
Or are we talking about they take the quad and leave him a check? Then I agree scam.
I'm not up to speed on this kind of stuff.

bigbadbubba
01-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Just tell them send you the check wait 2 weeks then have them pick up the quad +:D

01-14-2007, 03:57 PM
yeah i was getting e-mails, i started saying i wanted like 100 thousand dollars for a quad or dirt bike, they e-mail me back saying "i am okay with that price, now when i send the money..." pretty funny stuff

atvRiDa400ex
01-14-2007, 03:58 PM
dude Cheques??

like dollhairs instead of dollars...SCAM!!!

aci clay
01-14-2007, 04:48 PM
yeah and when you get that check i'll sell you my 81 atc 110 for $3200.00. come on dude lets use your head, if's it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is.

krt400ex
01-14-2007, 06:33 PM
i kno wut r scams and not, but this one almost sounded legit. im thinkin ill cash the check, and have the CASH IN HAND b4 i let the quad go... but then maybe ill just tell them to go f**k off:D

Raptor68
01-14-2007, 06:42 PM
You don't get it...when you cash that check, you will have the money and then they will have your quad. THEN, your bank will say, this was a bogus money order and YOU will be responsible for reimbursing the bank...

2004exrider
01-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Didnt you just make a thread recently about this? But do what you want i guess, even though its still a scam. Go ahead and "sell" your quad but dont come back complaining that some jerk ripped you off for your money, which he will. But we all warned you;)

Jimmy

firefighterjosh
01-14-2007, 07:31 PM
This is what my bank does for checks over $1,000

They ether hold the check for 5 days until it clears then you can get the money or they call the persons bank and make sure the money is in the account. I would tell the dude send the check. After you get the check you need to make sure it clears then he can have the quad

krt400ex
01-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
You don't get it...when you cash that check, you will have the money and then they will have your quad. THEN, your bank will say, this was a bogus money order and YOU will be responsible for reimbursing the bank...

why? wouldn't their bank say they overdrew and then they would have to pay up and pay those special fees that the bank charges?

and i kno i made a thread aboout another 1 the other day, but i knew he was scamming. i was just tellin ppl to be awair of that guy thats all

Raptor68
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
It's a bogus check...it looks real but isn't. There is no bank backing it. They made the check...

MOFO
01-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
why? wouldn't their bank say they overdrew and then they would have to pay up and pay those special fees that the bank charges?

and i kno i made a thread aboout another 1 the other day, but i knew he was scamming. i was just tellin ppl to be awair of that guy thats all

Go ahead... make the deal... then be prepared to take it in the rear when YOU are screwed. This has been going on for years now and has been brought up on this board more times than I can count. Take our advice!

Read up...

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/cashier.asp

J//FLY
01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
wouldn't trust it:o

Shift_450R
01-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Mr & Mrs Blanca.

aci clay
01-14-2007, 08:30 PM
if you are gonna take a check the only safe way is to take one drawn on a bank you can go to and then go there and cash it. don't go to your bank! if it's written on a bank you haven't heard of don't chance it. And be sure you don't give out any personal info; ie ss#, bank numbers or any thing like that. if they offer you extra money or more than you asked for they are trying to f*ck you. good ole american cash is the best way to go.

CRich[814]
01-14-2007, 08:45 PM
that blanca from street fighter is honestly the most balla *** thing ever posted on this site. i tried to sell my extra fmf pipe for my dirt bike on mxclassified.com and was asking $80 and some dickweed from the uk offered me $2,000 for my ''mx'' in cheque form. i told him to get his gay *** scam away from dis playa.

Shift_450R
01-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
that blanca from street fighter is honestly the most balla *** thing ever posted on this site. i tried to sell my extra fmf pipe for my dirt bike on mxclassified.com and was asking $80 and some dickweed from the uk offered me $2,000 for my ''mx'' in cheque form. i told him to get his gay *** scam away from dis playa.

Werd nig nog

Quad18star
01-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by atvRiDa400ex
dude Cheques??

like dollhairs instead of dollars...SCAM!!!

A Cheque is a Check .... both the same thing , just different spelling . All depends where you live or who taught you english class . I've always spelled it Cheque .

The deal is a scam . Anytime extra money is sent , it's a SCAM . If the buyer does indeed need to pay someone to pick up the quad , then let the buyer send the person that picks up the quad a seperate cheque .

cop292
01-15-2007, 05:17 AM
I'll make it simple. You pay me $1000 and I'll kick you in the ba**s!!! That would be pretty much the same thing as this scam!

N300exJ
01-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Never take a personal check from someone when selling something. The only safe way is to get a certified check written by the bank because the money HAS to be there for them to wrtie it. Its like paying the bank to write a check. For me i tell people cash or nothing mostly.

MOFO
01-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by N300exJ
Never take a personal check from someone when selling something. The only safe way is to get a certified check written by the bank because the money HAS to be there for them to wrtie it. Its like paying the bank to write a check. For me i tell people cash or nothing mostly.

You obviously did not read the thread.

They use fake "certified" or "cashiers" checks. They are NOT personal!

northwest Texas
01-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Kurt, you live in the US, right? Who in the US writes checks cheques? Considering all the scams coming from Africa worded almost exactly like yours, why would you consider it?

My wife worked in a bank until she quit to stay home with our boys. You could get the check, cash it, wait the 5 days and 2 weeks later get the news it was a fraud.

I just had my wife read it, she said it's probably a fraud. She wouldn't do the deal. It's just like the fraud alert they received at the bank.

If you go against the consensus here, don't expect any sympathy when you lose your quad.

BTW, this fraud covers all realms, from farm equipment, to quads, motorcycles, etc.

01-15-2007, 07:37 AM
For sure its a scam. Who talks like that besides scammers. You cash it and send quad out and couple day lator they will saya they need all that cash back. I had my quad for sale for $5000 a while ago and then he said he will send $13000 check and for me to taqke out the $5000 and then take out what is used for shipping and then send him the extra cash back and my quad.

krt400ex
01-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
Kurt, you live in the US, right? Who in the US writes checks cheques? Considering all the scams coming from Africa worded almost exactly like yours, why would you consider it?

canada is only about 6-8 hrs from where i live

krt400ex
01-15-2007, 10:15 AM
i sent them back an email and this is wut i wrote

WOW!!!!! you guys must have been at this for a long time because oyu almost sounded legit, but your not!!!! i will only accept cash, and the deal is going through my buddy who owns a performance shop called Case Racing

lets see if i get a response

01-15-2007, 10:31 AM
i sent them back an email and this is wut i wrote

WOW!!!!! you guys must have been at this for a long time because oyu almost sounded legit, but your not!!!! i will only accept cash, and the deal is going through my buddy who owns a performance shop called Case Racing

lets see if i get a response

I did that once to. The guy got really mad right away.
Then im like you can have the quad for $100 and then thats when he started talking normal and really wanted to buy my quad.
Then i tried to sell him my cat. :D

2004exrider
01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey guys i just got an email that a distant relative of mine died in africa and has millions in his account. The guy wants to split it with me all i have to do is pay him a fee and then send him money so he can fly out here, should i do it?

Jimmy

2004exrider
01-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey guys i just got an email that a distant relative of mine died in africa and has millions in his account. The guy wants to split it with me all i have to do is pay him a fee and then send him money so he can fly out here, should i do it?

Jimmy

MOFO
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider

Jimmy

I read about this today... the normal charge is about $50,000. I'll only charge you half ($25,000) and make sure you get whats coming to you. :devil:

coolex
01-15-2007, 07:53 PM
fake

byrdman37876
01-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider

Jimmy

tell him to write u a check and mail it:D