PDA

View Full Version : Define what you consider being stock

GE4x4
01-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I hear from many with very different terms reguarding being stock for there quad. I know GNCC doesn't have the stock class anymore, but the utilities do have a limited class which is basicly a stock class. But other race series do have stock classes. I hear some 450r owners that a HRC kit is still stock. A cam mod YFZ is stock, A CB LTR450 is stock. Praries and BF with CDI who say there still stock. So with these mods on your quad, do you still consider them stock as you might feel this is what they should of come with from the factory. This is because I see races where one guy says he's stock, but yet kicks butt. But all these mods can be hidden for no one to see. So are they still considered stock? What's your thought?

theTman
01-14-2007, 12:40 PM
i consider stock as being able to put on litle things like bars,grips,tires,levers,bumper and grab bar....other than that dont touch it!

suzukigirl
01-14-2007, 12:48 PM
i consider stock to be like they sell it at a dealership....only adding things like nerfs or chaning levers or grips...more cosmetic stuff

01-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I consider it stock until you get new suspension.

jeremy_283
01-14-2007, 02:27 PM
my friend considered his yfz engine stock although all it didnt have was a port and polish and high compression piston......... other than that it had everything else you can think of done to it

enduro400rider
01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
the bike you mentioned first are stock, consider it like a car, you buy a new car and pick the option of leather seats..... you decide to sell the car a couple years later. would you advertise you had aftermarket seats? no... if it comes from the factory its stock, the add on parts are simpily options

01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
stock is the way you get it from the dealer, if it has aftermarket tires, it is not stock, sure its mostly stock but not 100%....porting is not stock, suspension mods is not stock, and grips that didnt come from the factory are not stock

rollie
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Production Stock Classes: The following may be changed from stock: tires, rims (offset allowed ) Hyper Tech wheels with center hubs included are allowed ,internal portions of the motor and transmission, sprockets ,chain, handlebars, steering stem, steering stabalizer, braided brake lines, air filter element, carburator jetting, front bumper, rear grab bar. Shocks may be revalved. The relocation of the chain roller excepted. Fenders may be trimmed or after market plastic added. Nerf bars and tether switch required. No other modifications allowed INCLUDING!! No removal of air box lid or any air box modifications at all and no outerwear covers . Stock exhaust must be used and no removal of packing. No axles, a-arms and no wheel spacers, no aftermarket or bolt pattern changing hubs, no swingarms, Stock shocks and springs must be used and shock in OEM location. All external engine and all drivetrain parts must be stock including carburetors and all electrical system .This is a Open cc class.

Right from the rule book, lol

GE4x4
01-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I guess I'm looking for more about performance then cosmetic bolt on's.

prepracing
01-14-2007, 04:24 PM
in past GNCC rules HRC kits on 450R's were not considered stock. You can be safe to say at a GNCC any kind of motor or suspensions mods will not be considered stock. Or any mods that will enhance performance like steering dampners, oversize fuel tanks. Back when they ran stock class rims and tires were the only mod you could have

CHEVYZ
01-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Stock to me is considered anything that can be bought straight from the factory (HRC 450r or Bill Ballance YFZ, for example), or done without any additional purchases (Cam mod on the YFZ, green wire mod on the 450r...), as well as anything for tuning your bike for your area/terrain (jetting, tires, ect).

Ruby Soho
01-14-2007, 04:35 PM
to me stock is how it comes out of the factory