PDA

View Full Version : The Banshees Character

blasterandy
01-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Alright, I recently bought a 400ex coming from a Blaster. I cry now because I know what a peice of $hit 4 strokes are. Anyways i went riding yesterday at a Track and was flying over the table tops and doubles. I was wondering how the banshee would cope with this type of stuff. There is one TBTop that you have a short time to get up to speed. My question will it gain enough momentum and speed to pull its self over the jump.There also larger table top so it takes a little speed and momentum to carry you over it. How good are the shocks i have heard that they kinda suck. I also I ride a lot of mediumly open trails how would it fare with this. Does anyone know how it would fit in a chevy s10 3rd door. I will be looking for one probably this summer b/c, I can't seem to convince my father since i have only had it for about 4 months.
Ne help would be greatly appreciated
Drew:D

Xater
01-14-2007, 12:31 PM
get a 250r

01-14-2007, 04:03 PM
250rs are sweet

blasterandy
01-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Thats what i want but i can't justify buying a 20yr old atv to my father. I am only 15 and on a 15 year olds budget.

firefighterjosh
01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I had a banshee and practiced some MX with it. A stock banshee isn't going to be good on a MX track. It would need shocks and arms bad.

Be ready for a work out. they can be a handful.:p

blasterandy
01-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Thats know problem. I will probably get use to it. My arms will be tired the first few hard rides but after about 3-4 hard rides my arms will be broken into the machine. And also it doesn't hurt till the next day. Besides ur hands:D Good reason to skip school. fer a day.;) Not really.
Anymore help

oldskoolex400
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
dude, lol, your gonna put a nice coin into the banshee to get it to be decent on a mx track, the banshees stock suspension is pretty rough

broncogurl
01-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by oldskoolex400
dude, lol, your gonna put a nice coin into the banshee to get it to be decent on a mx track, the banshees stock suspension is pretty rough

It's true. The suspension on my boyfriend's Banshee when he had it stock was crap for MX. But he now has +2+1 a-arms, -2 swinger, +4 axle, front Elkas with piggybacks, and some good Holeshot tires and it handles like a champ. All that has cost a pretty penny though. :D

At least now it gets traction, you don't have to wrestle it around corners, and the landings are like floating on a cloud. lol :devil:

blasterandy
01-15-2007, 07:51 AM
would having the rear revalved help. I am planning on putting shocks on for my first upgrade so thats no problem. I may go with yfz450 shocks with burgard, wicked or something along those lines +2 arms if anything i may get +2,+1 not sure tho. Just have to wait and see. How well would it fit in an s10 bed. And what about trails.

oldskoolex400
01-15-2007, 08:52 AM
if your gonna spend that money and want a 2 smoke for a mx track get a 250r

blasterandy
01-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Like i said dad house dads rules. No go on the 250r. I was wondering the trail aplicablity on these atvs. :ermm:

bansheerider4
01-15-2007, 11:38 AM
i ride trails all the time on mine i have no problem with them..even the real tight trails...but it really depends on how well you know how to ride

blasterandy
01-15-2007, 04:03 PM
I can ride pretty well On my ex. And i my blaster was a sinch to ride in the trails. It wasn't at all uncommon for me to beat my friends dad on his ttr225 and him on a yz250f.(can't ride the 250f so well.)

450rJam
01-15-2007, 07:44 PM
explain to your father that the 250r is one of the only atv's that ever appriciated in value after it was beat for 10 to 20 years.

the banshee wont handle like the 400ex.
and it is either all or nothing.

alot of aftermarket parts for that 400,
and you can find good used parts at pretty cheap prices.

you could always trade the 400ex for an abused 250r
and save $ to bring her back.

blasterandy
01-16-2007, 02:09 PM
I have already found some people who are willing to trade a very trick 250r with a few things needed. He may be more willing once i have had the 400ex for about a year. Like this summer. I really do want the two fiddy. The banshee i just figured would be a good alternative to it. I want the 2 stroke kick start. Plus its a yamaha which i am a die hard fan of. What do you think i could get for my ex.
All parts in my sig.

oldskoolex400
01-16-2007, 02:46 PM

450rJam
01-16-2007, 03:25 PM
what year is it ?

I just bought a 99 for my daughter for 2500.
with a few goodies on it.

blasterandy
01-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Its an 03 and perfect condition. And loud as mess thats the only thing i may miss on the ex is the 4 stroke sound i am partial to the deep sound of the 4 strokes. I mean you hear the 2 strokes but they are really common but you can always tell were the yfz450 is on the track. And it leaves all the kids with faces on em to die for. It has a quiet core to but i take it out most of the time.

450rJam
01-16-2007, 04:50 PM
well yours looks nicer than the one I just bought last month for 2500.00

I would say you should be able to get that easy maybe a couple hundred more if your willing to wait for the right buyer.

blasterandy
01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I was thinking 3000 cause i am seeing bone stock 04's go for 3000. Dunno i think our quad market is slightly more in demand durring the summer so and warm months. I would prolly sell durring the summer, and i am in no hurry so i am waiting to get the most outta it.

450rJam
01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I am in kansas so the market may be diff. where your at
here is a pic of the 400ex we just bought.

blasterandy
01-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Thats pretty cool man. I like the protapers on it. I will probably buy tires before i sell it. I am thinking 18-10-9 maxxis razrs. It needs em really bad. I would like to have around 500$ in the bank before i get a banshee that way i can fix anything if it needs it. I am the type of person that wants to have the fastest and most outstanding atv there. Kinda why i want a 250r but if i can't i will settle for a banshee.

firefighterjosh
01-16-2007, 07:44 PM
What kinda banshee you looking for? One that needs work, one that is finished?

450rJam
01-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Im pretty sure you will run better lap times on the 400 than a banshee.

if you want to have the most fun, buy what YOU want.

blasterandy
01-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Basically i am looking for a banshee with everything stock except a pipe and nerfs. About it. I ain't planning on buyin/trading for a shee for another couple of months. It will probably be summer and hopfully i can persuade my dad to let me get a 250r. Dunno thanks for the help by the way.

sandmanblue
01-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
Alright, I recently bought a 400ex coming from a Blaster. I cry now because I know what a peice of $hit 4 strokes are. Anyways i went riding yesterday at a Track and was flying over the table tops and doubles.

Am I missing something or did you just say that 4 strokes suck, but you were flying over the table tops and doubles on one?

Kinda confusing. But don't judge all 4 strokes because of your experience on a 400ex. It's a tractor in stock form.

I'm sure if you can ride a 400 or a blaster on a track and have fun, you could do it on a Banshee as well. I rode my old Banshee on mx tracks many times. It's rough with stock suspension, and they don't hook up when you come out of corners when its slick. Lots of wheel spin.

blasterandy
01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Yea, the info was a bit conflicting but notice i said yesterday. What can I say I was excited :D :eek2: I just like the fact that i was getting all the way over em. Where as on the blaster i would get about half way and bottom out when i landed. I was saying i like the 2 stroke more but if it was a choice between not riding and riding a 4 stroke i would deffinitly go for it.
Its really hard to explain what i meant mainly because i am pretty much ADD not really sure if i am. There was kinda a question in that statement too. Can the banshee do the same.

450rJam
01-17-2007, 07:30 PM
ok so let me get this straight,

you would rather come up short and bottom out a 2 stroke than
to clear it on a 4 stroke ?

I bet you like to hit your fingers instead of nails with your hammer

blasterandy
01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Na i had a blaster and was comparing the ex to it. An no i want to clear it on a 2 stroke not on the blaster, but on banshee. not planning on buying a nother blaster unless for a son i may have one day, but thats beside the point. Notice the thread name The "Banshees" Character. I can see where you got to thinking that though. As you can see i am no genuis on how to gramatically phrase sentences. :D I think you understand where i am coming from. And no i don't hit my fingers with the hammer i hit the nails with my head...

what type of thread would this be if i didn't have a come back.

firefighterjosh
01-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Hes just a 2-stroke FAN. give him a break

blasterandy
01-17-2007, 08:43 PM
cha cha cha chea. :D True dat but i have no prob with ppl givin me a hard time. I do it quite often so i feel what goes around comes around. :D Thanks for all the help.;)

450rJam
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
lmao............that was a good one, nails with head. gave me a good laugh (thankx)

if you want a banshee thats what you should get, anything else and you will keep kicking yourself for not getting what you want.

you will have alot of fun on a banshee, (you may pick up drag racing more often with it)

blasterandy
01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Yea, may they are now building a new place to ride just about 50mins from my house and have an atv drag strip so maybe.
Thanks Again

bansheerider98
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
yeah i got into this thread a little late but i was in the same postion as you, i had a blaster, bored it out and put on some a-arms and got tired of its small size, got my 400ex (04) and did the same to it and wanted my 2 stroke back, so i had bought a banshee stock used, for 3 grand dumped 6 grand into it and ive never had more funb on a fouwheeler since i got my banshee i also have 2 yfz450's and a steetbike. I LOVE MY BANSHEE THE MOST

and btw, i ride powerlines and wood trails and MX its fine but i suggest finding a place with trails and straightaways the banshees overheat fast even with the big radator if the air isnt being pushed through it preatty good.