PDA

View Full Version : Question?

Old Dirtbiker
01-14-2007, 08:45 AM
I am stumped, But I'm new to this 4-wheeler thing.
I just purchased a clean non abused ex400 (03).
Several factory parts were removed and discarded. In reading this forum, it appears that removal of parts seems to be the standard. I must be missing something, I don't understand why someone would remove tools/toolkit, the brakelight, heel guards, manual choke etc. Oh ya, did I mention this quad was not raced, just a fun toy to run around with on trails so I don't think that weight reduction was the issue.
When I asked the previous owner why he removed the parts, he smiled and said, "did'nt needum!"
I am looking forward to hearing your opinions on why these parts are not needed.
Thanks,

blown331
01-14-2007, 08:50 AM
the brake light is stupid to remove.. it must weigh less than a pound with every wire associated with it

the heel guards is just a comfort thing.. I ride without heel guards. i'm 6'4 and have a size 14 shoe so they kind of get in the way (the factory ones)

the choke is removed for improved airflow and throttle response. Depending where you are and what mods the bike has and how cold it is... going to a 42 pilot jet without the choke allows the bike to startup right away on those cold days.

The toolkit... well, mine broke off in glamis so i can see why someone may want to remove it.. just make sure you bring some tools when you ride just incase...

thats pretty much it

Old Dirtbiker
01-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Okay,

Well I guess your response pretty well answers my questions.
Thanks for the quick answer.