PDA

View Full Version : Problem removing clutch cable from stock clutch lever on Raptor

Dan660R
01-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Hey guys, I am trying to remove the stock clutch cable from the stock clutch lever on my Raptor 660. I have the lever off the perch, so its just the cable and the lever hanging there. And I want to change the whole setup over to something like the MSR, where there isn't all that 'stuff' for the parking brake.

So, cable and lever, that's it... I cannot get the cable to come out of the lever. Is there a trick to this? It almost looks like there is a small bushing in there but I can't get it out! HELP!

Thanks in advance guys.

HondaEXrider22
01-15-2007, 07:41 AM
There should be a little plate with a small peice cut out to slid the cable through without hurting the cable. Its hard to explain, buit the ball on the end of the cable holds it in place and the thin wire has a hole for it.

Dan660R
01-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah, that's there, but it wouldn't come out. Maybe the bushing inside was stuck. I tried oiling it and letting it sit yesterday, no luck. So we basically pried the bottom of the lever apart to get the cable out.

HondaEXrider22
01-15-2007, 08:13 AM
The only thing I can tell you is just break the hole assembly apart without breaking he cable. If your sure to get another perch, I would just break the old one apart.

Dan660R
01-15-2007, 09:04 AM
The cable came out ok.... no fraying, and yeah I'm changing the lever/perch to an MSR to eliminate the parking brake BS.