PDA

View Full Version : your thought

jokester
01-13-2007, 09:18 PM
well I was just wondering what your opinions were on how my quad looks overall.. And I do plan on getting new shocks sometime so it will look better eventually...

NFRASCONE
01-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Looks good!

HondaSkidoo
01-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Lets see more pictures, but from the front it look great. Of course it is a 400ex so I think I would say that to most of them.:cool:

What kind of hand gaurds are those? I think they look good.

Honda#4
01-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Yea get some more pics from the side and the rear. Bike looks great from the front.

blown331
01-14-2007, 10:18 AM
nice bike

jokester
01-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by HondaSkidoo
Lets see more pictures, but from the front it look great. Of course it is a 400ex so I think I would say that to most of them.:cool:

What kind of hand gaurds are those? I think they look good.

I'll try and post some more pics of it tonight when I get some time...my computer takes like 45min just to load one pic...I hate dial up!! But its nice to know you guys think it looks cool!

those are the cycra hand guards, I think they were only about 50 bucks at the most from rocky mountain...don't quote me on the price though :)

Joe400ex
01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Looks good!! MOre pics would be nice..

Joe400ex:devil:

CHEVYZ
01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
I like everything but the bumper!

jokester
01-14-2007, 05:26 PM
here's one from the side, and 2 more pics on there way...

jokester
01-14-2007, 05:30 PM
whoops forgot to post the pic....

jokester
01-14-2007, 06:03 PM
doesn't look the best compared to some peoples on here, but I'm still in high school and don't have a job so it takes a long time to piece it together, but its slowly getting there...

jokester
01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
if anyone wants to see any other pics of it just let me know...

wilbur116
01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
So shocks are going to make it look better?
Elka's right?

jokester
01-14-2007, 10:41 PM
yes to number 1
no to number 2

my shocks look like s**t right now! I can't stand that rust that is on them, along with dirt that has stained the metal...

I've narrowed it down to 2 different choices for the shock. Either fox evols, or custom axis. Not sure which way I want to go yet.. I know its a lot of money, but I figure if I'm gonna go out and spend money on one of the best upgrades you can get for the quad why not get the best shock I can....But thats another few months down the road though.

wilbur116
01-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Aw come on man. You know you want Elka's. Everybody else does. You want to be like everyone else don't you? Axis and Fox shocks might work great, but what does that matter. What you need to do is fit in, and that would require you to run Elka's. So dood, just go with the flow and run Elka's. And while your at it using a K&N air filter would help you to fit in with the crowd as well.

Keep on keeping on brother. Your on the right track.

jokester
01-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by wilbur116
Aw come on man. You know you want Elka's. Everybody else does. You want to be like everyone else don't you? Axis and Fox shocks might work great, but what does that matter. What you need to do is fit in, and that would require you to run Elka's. So dood, just go with the flow and run Elka's. And while your at it using a K&N air filter would help you to fit in with the crowd as well.

Keep on keeping on brother. Your on the right track.

LMFAO!!! ohh and by the way I do run a K&N air filter and a K&N oil filter... :)

ya I try for the most part to keep my stuff more original and not look like everyone else..

Pipeless416
01-15-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
I like everything but the bumper!

yea that bumper has gotta go.. to me haha. :devil: i love blingstars

jokester
01-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
yea that bumper has gotta go.. to me haha. :devil: i love blingstars

well I'll give you a once in a life time deal to go screw yourself...lol just messin with ya dude!! ya that bumper is soo strong I tagged a metal pole when I was doing a wheelie and all it did was leave a little scuff mark on it, but that damn pole smashed in one part on my right a arm though....soo I'm thinking that the bumper is hella strong.

hondaracer_34
01-15-2007, 05:02 PM
nice quad..i want a bumper like that but cannot decide yet..anyways..how do u like your white bros. pro meg pipe?

hondaracer_34
01-15-2007, 05:04 PM
how do u like your white bros. pro meg pipe?..by the way nice quad

jokester
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I love that pipe!! To me I think it sounds the best out of most exhausts, it has a nice deep rumble to it! And it gives good power all around, but I could really tell it added a lot more low end. Its also not quite as loud as some of the other exhausts, still loud but sounds awsome. And it can handle any motor work that I do for it.

jokester
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
hey does anyone know where I might be able to find a white bros. graphics kit or the older style factory effex graphics kits??

jokester
01-16-2007, 08:01 PM
so no one has any idea at all???

Pipeless416
01-17-2007, 09:14 AM
not sure about the graphics kits.. i just spent a little bit of time searching with out any luck. i meant to ask, how do you like your cr high bends?? i just got some for christmas and i was also thinking about getting some rox risers, but im finally getting used to them.. i will pass on that deal btw :p

jokester
01-17-2007, 12:04 PM
so far I love those bars!! that bar pad has saved my chest a couple times too... But I think that bend is so much more comfortable than the stock bend is. But I do think I'm going to look into those rox anti vibe risers though, because I would like the handle bars to sit just a little bit higher...

jokester
01-17-2007, 12:07 PM
hey pipeless416, I also have a question for ya... how do you like those powermads. How well do they cover your hands, and about how close are they to your hands when you have your hand wrapped around the grip??

Pipeless416
01-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by jokester
hey pipeless416, I also have a question for ya... how do you like those powermads. How well do they cover your hands, and about how close are they to your hands when you have your hand wrapped around the grip??

i actually got the powermadds about a year ago and i dont think i would buy anything else. as far as roost protection i think they do a decent job and they seem to be pretty sturdy when it comes to hitting small branches and such. they have removable inserts so you're hands can still get a little breeze during the summer, however there are much better handgaurds for trying to block the cold during the winter. IMO yes you can get more "functional" handgaurds, but i cant see putting dumbo ears on my quad. a picture says a thousand words...

Hondabeefast
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
doesn't look the best compared to some peoples on here, but I'm still in high school and don't have a job so it takes a long time to piece it together, but its slowly getting there...

I with ya on that one.....LOL :cool:

sweet bike by the way :macho

jokester
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
thanks pipeless416. I think I might look into getting a set of those...mine provide alright protection but I really don't see them taking that much of a hit and being able to withstand it.. and I want something that is gonna block the wind a little more..

Pipeless416
01-17-2007, 05:29 PM
thanks pipeless416. I think I might look into getting a set of those...mine provide alright protection but I really don't see them taking that much of a hit and being able to withstand it.. and I want something that is gonna block the wind a little more..

as far as wind goes, i dont think the powermadds will really offer any more protection than the cyrca's you have now. although powermadd makes a wraparound guard that attaches to the end of the handlebars.. if you're worried about the guards taking a hit then you might want to look into those..

jokester
01-17-2007, 05:32 PM
ya I think those look like they are definatly a lot sturdier than mine are right now.. well you can see how mine mount up, I just would prefer if I had something that mounted to 2 spots on the handle bars instead of just one spot like mine do. But I'm still pretty happy with mine though.