PDA

View Full Version : Actualy met a couple of nice cops today...

Zeppelin03
01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Me and some buddies were riding out in a sand pit this afternoon and the cops showed up Weve been riding there for years and noone has ever been bothered. But today i was standing on some boulders watchin my friends while i drank a soda and i saw someone approach on my right..by the time i realized it was a cop i realy couldnt of run if i wanted to. But he came over and it kinda seemed like we were in for it at first because he was poppin questions about weather or not we were supposed to be there. I explained that we had no writen permision but we just assumed it was ok after all this time. After a bit of talking and us giving him our information he said he wasnt gonna charge us with tresspassing or anything. but we were gonna have to have our parents come pick up our machines. When his partner got there we the cops decided to let us just ride home since its like across the street through the woods. So the cops met us at my house and spoke to my dad. They said we werent riding irresponisble and we were just putin around..( thank god they hadnt seen us earlier)..But apparently someone had called them about a noice complaint which i found odd because we all were running stock pipes. So we pretty much got off with nothing. My dad wasnt mad and we all even decided to go and appologize to the house that called the cops but the guy was a complete prick. We walked up his driveway and when he saw us he picked up a big breaker bar and walked toward us like he needed it as a weapon or something..so i just told him in a very polite way that we wanted to appologize for the disturbance if he was the person who called the cops.so he was playing stuipid and was like idk what your talking about and i said u called the cops right. And the guy said no. so we asked if someone from this house called and hes like my woman did..Then i asked if we could speak to her and the guy was like no but you can leave now.....But yeah, sorry for such a long post but it been a pretty eventful day today

Pappy
01-13-2007, 01:57 PM
IMO you did everything the way you should have.

Ofcourse dealing with a prick is always icing on the cake:ermm:

czrider263
01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
I HATE PRICKS THAT HATE QUADS SO I RUN A TC SHORTY AT MY HOUSE AND A STOCK PIPE ANYWHERE ELSE lol jk.

01-13-2007, 02:28 PM
yea in nj we have TONS of quad hating pricks but its funny cuz some of them ride too but they dont like sport quads

400EXtreme
01-13-2007, 03:19 PM
reminds me of my dad today. Besides the prick guy. Pretty much every person we asked for help becuase we needed tools cuz my frends chain popped and they gave us a hole bunch of tools and was just like bring em bakc.

250ex13
01-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
reminds me of my dad today. Besides the prick guy. Pretty much every person we asked for help becuase we needed tools cuz my frends chain popped and they gave us a hole bunch of tools and was just like bring em bakc. Beat me to it lol.. I was gunna say the same thing :macho

Ralph
01-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Cops arent all pricks. I know several police officers in my town. ranging from a detective on down. The thing is that just like there are a few bad apples in the atv world making us look bad they also have some pricks.

krt400ex
01-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
yea in nj we have TONS of quad hating pricks but its funny cuz some of them ride too but they dont like sport quads

yupp, i meet dumbasses like that all the time....lol...they r like "get the hell outa here, ur not supposed to be ridin...." but they r on the UT's and its like i just wanna tell 'em to go f**k off.....its annoying....

but yea, u did do the right thing and tried to be as respectful as possible. that is wut i always do, and the few times that i did get caught where i wasn't supposed to be, the ppl were really nice because i wasn't disrespectful and thay hae actually told me that i could ride there

01-13-2007, 05:10 PM
some cops are alright....but i think we all agree if this was 20 years ago you could have rode all day with no problems at all

cop292
01-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Believe it or not, most cops hate to deal with the "pricks" as much as you do. It is the same people that call over and over about bulls***. My neighbors grass is to high, There are kids walking down the street, The neighbors leaves are blowing onto my yard, I could go on and on. You did the right thing, eventually the neighbor will need a favor, or get pulled over by one of the cops. Im a firm believer that what goes around comes around!

oldskoolex400
01-13-2007, 06:38 PM
I HATE PRICKS THAT HATE QUADS SO I RUN A TC SHORTY AT MY HOUSE AND A STOCK PIPE ANYWHERE ELSE lol jk.

lol good one

Ruby Soho
01-13-2007, 06:55 PM
if you just show the person that your not a dick and just be nice they will most likely either let you ride on there property or let you off the hook

if you be an *** than of course theyll be an *** to you

Zeppelin03
01-13-2007, 08:10 PM
yeah..the guy who complained didnt own the sand pit. Its pretty much a retired sand pit and the people who own it realy dont care if we ride there, they just cant give us writen permission because of liability and all that fun stuff. I tried taking the guy that complained as nicely as possible but it pisses me off because he rides there too on occasion. Idk why anyone would buy a house no more than 500 feet from the edge of a sand pit anyhow but w/e floats your boat.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Im glad i have cool neighbors. I have riding partys with 10 or more quads, almost all of them have loud pipes too. We make all kinds of noise n it doesnt bother them. Or they just dont want to be mean about it.

My neighbors that live right next to the track actually walk down n watch us ride sometimes. I feel bad for ppl that have problems with their neighbors.

Kickstarts-suck
01-14-2007, 12:59 AM
i got the cops called on me today

he was like "yall probably know why im here right" i was like "yea" so he says"You have gotten tickets from me before right?" i was like o **** hes going to give me another one because hes a jerk and gave me a ticket before for gay reason anyway he said "yall go ride in the woods or something and take it easy on the roads for a while" I was like sweet im not getting a ticket lol. So he was nice to me today. I don't understand why people call the cops so much,all i do is ride to my friends house and back.When the cops came i was in my friends yard just talking to him not doing anything wrong. Im thinking about getting a spark arrestor for my 4 wheeler because maybe the people are calling the cops because im loud:confused:.

Architects
01-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Cool cops are awesome. I've had a few run-ins and getting off is always a great feeling!

deathman53
01-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I had an few run-ins, nothing bad. It was by some old farts who hated all motorcylces in general. They call the cops on the 3 or 4 people in my development that own motorcycles. They hate anything to do with them. I was rebuilding my motor, the cops came, they said someone complained about noise, I showed the cop, how is this bike gonna make noise with the motor being disassembled????? The cop agreed and left. They always calls about my dual sports and claims that they "saw a dirtbike going down the road w/o plates or anything". The cops know me fairly well and know my bikes are 100% legal and my atv's don't touch the road.
Speaking to the other motorcycle(street bikes) owners, they say the same thing. These guys continue to call, the cops stopped responding and told them to stop it, they seen all the bikes and they know the person with the "converted" dirtbikes, they are all 100% legal and can't be touched. I can't imgane if there was big riding area around me(there used to be 3 good spots). There is some guy that complains about me riding on the rr tracks, the cops told him to shove-it, they can't do anything about it, they need to hear from owner of the rr tracks.
I'm told these guys that complain are big pricks, I think I see one of these guys, sweaping the garge every morning, he gives he dirty looks as I ride my dual sport to work.

theTman
01-14-2007, 12:44 PM
:o i drove up behin zepplin when he was walking out of the guys driveway....he called me beofre and told me...so i revved up my truck (flowmaster 40 series...pretty loud..) then just dum,ped the clutch on the wet road..ahh fun times:devil:

1fst400
01-14-2007, 02:16 PM
It is all in how you talk to the cop in the first place. I cant event start my quad with out the cops showing up, It is literaly every time. They show up and say that they have to come and investigate it if they want to or not. So we usually chat for a bit then they leave.

I have this one guy that lives across the street. Every time he calls the po-po. His kid has a dirtbike and he is a little bit of a tool but arent they all. And his dad , the one that calls the cops was out re-doing thier roof last sumer till 2am. That damn nail gun was driving me insane.

krt400ex
01-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400

I have this one guy that lives across the street. Every time he calls the po-po. His kid has a dirtbike and he is a little bit of a tool but arent they all. And his dad , the one that calls the cops was out re-doing thier roof last sumer till 2am. That damn nail gun was driving me insane.

u shoulda filed a complaint :D

y3llow400ex
01-14-2007, 11:55 PM
not all cops are bad, a friend of mine is a county sheriff and races gncc/local harescrambles.

Tater049
01-31-2007, 12:42 PM
I own a houseand vermont with dense forest all around. So, back in '03 when i had my stock 250ex, i got the cops called on me. There is this one house that is about 2 miles deep through my woods. He complained about me being too loud. 1. I am on my property. 2. I have a stock pipe. The cops came, and said dont pay attention to the old bat. I laughed and agreed. Now I got a Big Gun Evo X on there with the spark arrestor out all the time. I am just giving back the trouble he gave me. hahaha he must hate me

krt400ex
02-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Tater049
I own a houseand vermont with dense forest all around. So, back in '03 when i had my stock 250ex, i got the cops called on me. There is this one house that is about 2 miles deep through my woods. He complained about me being too loud. 1. I am on my property. 2. I have a stock pipe. The cops came, and said dont pay attention to the old bat. I laughed and agreed. Now I got a Big Gun Evo X on there with the spark arrestor out all the time. I am just giving back the trouble he gave me. hahaha he must hate me

great idea :rolleyes:

wow this thread is pretty old....