PDA

View Full Version : 98 Frontier XE

ZeroLogic
01-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Well I'm getting a 98 Frontier XE in two or three weeks.
You guys know any problems that are common with them? What do you guys think about them? Its only got 55k miles for 5500 bucks. Its going to be my first car. Its got a 4 cylnder 2.4 liter motor.

ZeroLogic
01-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Bump.

ZeroLogic
01-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Nobody?

NET450r350x
01-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Nissans are nice little pickups. I've owned a 94 XE extended cab 4x4 with the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder. My first car too. I've put almost 40000 miles on it in the last 4 years and nothing major has gone wrong with it yet (pushing 170000 miles). I've only had to replace the alternator and the starter and their failure was mostly my fault (subwoofer and bad battery cable connection). I was kinda scared to get mine because it made a horrible buzzing/ratteling noise whenever it hit 3000 RPM. but it turned out it was only the AC lines on the firewall weren't tight.

I only with mine has more power. But if yours is 2 wheel drive and standard cab it will have plenty of juice to move. It sounds like you're getting a pretyt good deal on it at least.

ZeroLogic
01-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Its a 4x4, Regular cab. Its been in a accident but only the hood and front bumper were damaged. The guy who owns the truck also ownes a body shop so he repaired it and it looks like a bran spanking new truck. I don't really care to much about speed, its not a race car and I don't need to go around speeding.

ZeroLogic
01-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Any more?

Tom TRX250R
01-16-2007, 10:56 AM
It sounds like a nice truck for the money, really low mileage, is that on the engine or the entire pickup? Also I would probably buy it as long as it has a clear title and not salvaged from the accident. Nissan pickups are really reliable and I would think this would make a great first vehicle.

ZeroLogic
01-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R
It sounds like a nice truck for the money, really low mileage, is that on the engine or the entire pickup? Also I would probably buy it as long as it has a clear title and not salvaged from the accident. Nissan pickups are really reliable and I would think this would make a great first vehicle. +

Well its been in a accident but the guy who owns it also owns a body shop. The only thing damaged is the hood and front bumper which were professionaly replaced. The truck looks bran new and real nice. The whole truck including the motor has 55k miles on her. It comes with a new title and such also.