PDA

View Full Version : Nausty... Bluff Creek

trueblue450
09-23-2002, 03:16 PM
This weekend I went to Bluff and on their new dirt bike track there is a gravity cavity. You go jumping into it then pin it and climb outta a hill and just sail. I was nailing this thing 4th gear pinned into a 55 ft flat land. This thing rocks. I think you need to go down there and try it out. It is freaking awsome. You just sail and the pit is just perfect for it. Im sure you have seen it but I can't wait till next Sunday when I head out there again.

Nausty
09-29-2002, 11:53 AM
the new dirt bike track? You mean this jump?

It sounds like a lot of fun and I havn't been to bluff creek forever seeing I just found a awsome atv track by newton(spel?) and my practice track i just ride all weekend almost. Next weekend I got a race and the weekend after I got 2 races so its gonna be a while if I get down there. Do you race at waterloo?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/paef707c1e60724fdd9893eeec8a2b600/fdba0793.jpg

trueblue450
09-30-2002, 08:30 AM
Hey bud
it was goodto see you out there this weekend thats the jump

oynot400
10-11-2002, 09:40 PM
I feel bad, I think it was in January when I was at Bluff Creek. The rest of the guys went a couple of time, but racing kept me away. :devil :( That place is a blast, it is probably the best place to ride in Iowa.

trueblue450
10-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Yeah I love it.. can't beat bluff its got everything a rider could want.

Nausty
10-19-2002, 04:32 PM
yah that place is a blast sept the mx tracks need a LOT of work.

Lynch01ex
10-23-2002, 08:59 PM
Hey Nausty when are all the rest of your waterloo races?Or any of the rest of your races. Id like to come and watch cause im racing next year!

oynot400
10-24-2002, 06:06 AM
Sorry, the mx racing season is over in Iowa. However Waterloo is having indoor flattrack racing at Cattle Congress. I think the first race is this weekend. It is pretty small. Farley is due to open up in December. No official word if quad will be racing. :confused:

CHAUNCY
10-24-2002, 08:48 PM
nausty
Is that jump only 55 feet ?
It looks bigger

trueblue450
10-28-2002, 11:46 AM
yep.. its only 55ft.. you can make it longer if you hit it harder.

trueblue450
11-04-2002, 10:23 AM
*UPDATE*
I went to bluff this sunday and they added on to the dirtbike track.. and they fixed all the table tops on the other track.. It is freaking nice again. .THe jumps acually throw you straight.. They are also doing some maitnence on the parking lot.. YEAH FUN

11-06-2002, 12:04 AM
the new track is pretty sweet, I just wrecked my quad on one the jumps and bent the axle, three rims, and broke the subframe off the frame. it sucked. they have been doin pretty good about maintenance this summer, they went through it every couple weeks. Where is there a place to ride by newtonm, Nausty?

11-06-2002, 03:07 PM
there once was a man from nantucket.............
well you know the rest

Nausty
11-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by serialthrlla
the new track is pretty sweet, I just wrecked my quad on one the jumps and bent the axle, three rims, and broke the subframe off the frame. it sucked. they have been doin pretty good about maintenance this summer, they went through it every couple weeks. Where is there a place to ride by newtonm, Nausty?

There is a guy called varmit57 that surfs the forums, you would have to ask him where it is because he is the one who owns it. His track is really nice and it has a lot of big jumps. Today I was pry going anywhere from 70-80ft on it on some of my jumps. I'll have to get some pics of it tomarrow when we go there. There is also 90ft triple there thats driving me crazy because I know I can clear it, its just I don't know if I can get the speed. Its a fun track. Thanks for the update on the tracks at bussey, they needed a LOT of work on them.

11-09-2002, 08:29 PM
just got back from bussey today. they have done A LOT down there. all the big jump were clean takeoffs. probably the best I've ever seen. almost all the jumps there were in good shape, not rutted out or anytrhing

Nausty
11-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Awsome, to bad my quad is half way tore down now and i gotta busted colar bone:( So, what all did they do to the table top track? Just fix the faces? Did they change everything around?

11-12-2002, 07:25 PM
yea, they just fixed all the faces on the tabletop track. they changed around and added to the track with the gravity cavity. I'll prolly go on thurs again.

Nausty
11-13-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Lynch01ex
Hey Nausty when are all the rest of your waterloo races?Or any of the rest of your races. Id like to come and watch cause im racing next year!

sorry lynch I must of overlooked your post before. This year the races are over but i'll get back to you when I get a schedule for next years racing. I'll pry be riding b class though, I know i'm gonna be way out classed machine wise but I think i'll do ok. Oh yah, that track is a blast and great for new racers. The only bad thing though is that the c class is so big. Last year I raced half a season and did great but I couldn't beleive I was racing again axis/roll/ 440's in c class along with full race 250r's. Lol makes you feel good beating them with a almost stock quad though. :D

300ballz
11-17-2002, 10:51 PM
:grr those darn mototrcycles ruin the tracks for us atvrs