PDA

View Full Version : spindle/knucke removal question

mobileblaster
01-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I am trying to remove my spindles for the a arms on a 95 blaster. The top arm has a pinch bolt and was easy to remove. The bottom one is being a pain in the a#$. I have tried several different pullers from the local auto parts stores but all have been to big. I do not want to damage anything. I just want them apart so I can build my front end while my frame is at the powder coater. It will be ready tuesday. In the mean time I cant do anything with my new a arms till I get the old ones apart. Any ideas on how to get it off or where to get the right puller that won't destroy the stock ball joints on the stock a arms. Not that I really need them but would like to salvage as much as I can. Thanks guys,:confused:

broncogurl
01-12-2007, 11:48 PM
I used a ball joint separator tool to get mine off. It's a long piece of metal with a forked end that you can buy at like Kragen. I tried some of those pullers they had and none fit right. You stick the forked end between the spindle and ball joint and hit the other end with a hammer until it pops loose. This tool usually breaks ball joint boots though unless you're really careful, but if you have new a-arms then who cares?:devil:

blaster99
01-13-2007, 05:20 AM
hit awat at the knuckle on the side where the ball joint gose threw.. pb blaster my break it loose.. but jsut slam the crap out of the side of the knuckle.. thats how your suposed to get them out without a puller.. JUST DONT HIT THE BALLJOINT!

mobileblaster
01-13-2007, 06:53 PM
I got the spindles off with 0 damage. I sandblasted them today and will paint them in the morning. Thanks for the help.