PDA

View Full Version : Hot Cams

Martin Blair
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Im putting doulbe valve spring kit from dasa, along with some new valves, seals, ect on my head, and I am running a stage 2 hotcam. My friends dad was worried that the stiffer springs would wear down the regrinde hotcam, I don't see that It would make that big of a difference, any opinions?

cals400ex
01-12-2007, 08:00 PM
not many people go with heavy duty spring with that cam unless you have an aftermarket rev box. if you do, it couldn't hurt. i run HD springs with my stage 3 hotcam.

lumi
01-12-2007, 09:48 PM
depens on where ur revving... if ur revving above stock the upgrade in springs should be necessary to prevent "valve float". npt putting them cn be risky... i would go with the upgrade springs as the high performance engine upgrades u are doing will work good with them and give u a piece of mind.

good luck

-lumi

n2deer
01-13-2007, 06:23 AM
You wont need them unless you go with a rev box. I really dont think it would hurt.

Martin Blair
01-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Im going with them since after opening it up to shim it the springs were so weak I could compress them between my index finger that thumb, they are weak, so Im basically rebuilding the whole motor, just wondering if the regrind would be softer then a new cam, like web, ect.

400exrider707
01-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Martin Blair
Im going with them since after opening it up to shim it the springs were so weak I could compress them between my index finger that thumb, they are weak, so Im basically rebuilding the whole motor, just wondering if the regrind would be softer then a new cam, like web, ect.

Definitely because the web is a hardweld cam...totally different...

370kingR
01-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Whats with all this "reground" cam talk?

The stage 2 Hotcam is not a reground cam, its is a brand new, all the way through, billet hardened steel piece.

Those springs will not affect its durability at all. They are not needed, but they will not hurt the cam one bit.

The aftermarket springs are not a bad idea if your going to rev the piss out of it with a raised rev limit (Dyna or Vortex) ignition, but the stage 2 cam is very gentle on the valve train and causes no float or bounce.

370kingR
01-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Definitely because the web is a hardweld cam...totally different...

Webs are the same thing.....billet steel all the way through, no more regrinding. Welding and regrinding is definetly not as good...