PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought from this distributor??

mephyst
01-12-2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=2258&c=749&cn=M3Q+TRX450R+POWER

After doing exhaustive research I am leaning towards just finding a clean clean stock 04 450r and upgrading the suspension first thing and possibly using one of these kits. Has anyone done one of these kits themselves? Are they worth it? I would imagine it would really wake the bike up. Is this true?

I don't know the new 450r's just don't seem to REALLY impress me. I was almost sold on an 07 YFZ, but they really haven't been upgraded in awhile and I would be pissed if they totally changed them for 08. (which is likely to happen.) The newer Honda's seem less reliable and I am afraid to buy an LTR. I have always owned Honda's, but I am not biased at all. I'm open to all opinions!

Thank you all in advance for your responses. :)

86Rryder
01-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Dont turn your back on the hondas bro. Other then the starter problem on the 06, they have no problems. You cant go wrong with honda!! I have an 07er and have no problems. Yeah it takes a few seconds to start when its hot. So what. As long as you keep of the throttle your fine. Buy an 07 honda.

mephyst
01-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't know about getting the 07 though. I feel like it's not worth it. My dad has a an 04 and I ride that most of the time already, but for me, I think it would be more worth it to just pick up an 04 and mod the hell out of it with the extra money that it would take to pick up an 07. I don't see too many changes between the quads besides compression and electric start...

mephyst
01-12-2007, 05:39 PM
And for a little side story, I just recently broke my back in Glamis over Thanksgiving weekend. The day after, on that Friday afternoon (exactly 7 weeks ago today I believe) and I just want to say that I believe in suspension first over anything. I wasn't even going very fast, but my quad just got a really bad buck going through some big rolling whoops and I went down hard. My 7th Thoracic vertebrae is 2/3 crushed, but I didn't get any nerve damage, I actually road back to camp after I went over the bars (it was only about half a mile.) The ambulance came and got me from there and I walked out of the hospital that night in some serious pain. I will be able to do everything I did before and my healing process is supposed to take a whole 12 weeks. I already started going back to the gym last week. I feel great. So anyways, I can't wait to get some kick *** supension for my next/new quad. :)

86Rryder
01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Damn...glad you pulled through it ok!!! Yeah my shocks are getting revalved as we speak. And he will be sending my new a arms and swingarm back with the shocks. It is amazing the difference it makes! My last bike was a 250r. I had a full elka setup on it. When I got on this 450r with all stock components, I felt like I was on one of the old school wheelers with hardly any suspension at all. And being uncomfortable on a quad, will get you hurt in a hurry!

mephyst
01-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Thx... yeah, that GT Thunder shock rebuild is looking better and better everytime I hear about it. What kind of arms did you go with?

Also, anyone know about my original question on that website partsforatvs.com?? Anyone got this kit before or these same mods? What kind of estimated HP numbers can this kit throw out?

86Rryder
01-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Went with eyeball engineering arms and swingarm..Johnny hale racing on the shocks...