PDA

View Full Version : Apex Pro MXR vs. DRX Limited 2

Needmorehp
01-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I heard the Apex has bump steer, and the DRX hasn't got any? Any truth to this. I was up in the air about it, DRX is air cooled, and the Apex is liquid any better performance, advantage in performance as a stock machine, I mean stock cylinder vs. stock cylinder. What about suspension? Apex has better shocks, Rebuildable? We are looking for a Production limited, no external mods. only internal mods. Which will fair better? Their is a weight diff. 20-30 lbs. So heard chassis are similar so what thanks for any input.

Andyman17dad
01-13-2007, 07:25 AM
DRX2 LIM is available in liquid or air cooled (according to their web site)

MY personal opinion is that they are going to be pretty much equal out of the box.

Andy ran a DRX 50 "stock" all last year and loved it. He took a "demo" ride recently on a MX 90 (not the MXR) and liked it very much, but did complain about the steering not feeling good.
(of course we also ran pretty big rounded tires on the DRX, which I am sure affected the handling vs the stiffer Holeshots and Maxxis fronts that come on all these bikes now)

We are in the process of having and Apex 70 built for next season, but in our production classes you can do "bolt-on" mods, so we are having a new front end designed to correct the steering. Otherwise the thing is pretty good "out of the box"

So, that probably doesn't help you much, but I can't wait to see these two brands battling it out next year! :D

dcarter
03-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes the drx has less bump steer than the apex. I have long travel front ends for both the mini's. You can see my stuff on team sims web site both bikes are good and you can get a water cooled set up for the drx as well. I have had more calls from dads that have apex's with the factory a-arms bending on them. We run 14" elka's on our set up's take a look and see what you think. Dave:D