PDA

View Full Version : riding video:Long Island style

ny300exrider
01-12-2007, 12:19 PM
well my friend got a helmetcam for xmas but had his quad in the dealer getting worked on so we never got to try it out. he finally got his yfz fixed so we decided to make a quick video after school on wed. this is our first one so obviously the editing is basic and there are some rough parts, but for the most part i think its pretty cool. if your offended by alittle bit of road riding, dont watch the end. we do what we gotta do on l.i. to ride and that includes riding the street once and awhile..

were planning on trailoring out to a new spot within the next few weeks so we will be sure to get some better footage out there.

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpEZPowMU4U

Honda#4
01-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Love the video, great music. I'm not offended by you riding on the road I myself like to take my 400 on the highway, just cus I love to go fast.

ny300exrider
01-12-2007, 05:37 PM
thanks man:) looking forward to getting some more footage.

stevo3176
01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I always wondered why everyone hates atv's on LI but I can see why now. I don't mind the illegal riding condering the situation that we on LI are in but riding on the road, that gives all atv riders a bad name.

ny300exrider
01-12-2007, 06:46 PM
so if you lived 30 seconds away from this spot you would load up your truck and trailer with quads and gear, turn out of the driveway, drive up the road, park in front of the pit, unload the quads and gear, and leave the truck and trailor on the side of the road to attract attention from people and police?

well if you want to do that, be my guest but i sure wont. gimme a break:rolleyes:

mx1791
01-12-2007, 07:07 PM
sweet vid! i just go to my local pit from my friends backyard, but i drove on the steet once for a long time, i could care less about it being illegal, but i sure was worried about balding my tires

01-12-2007, 07:37 PM
awesome vid, nice music, i understand the whole ridin on the street thing, u gotta do what u gotta do, no sense in haulin up the trailor or using the pickup and parkin it to get caught...

1fst400
01-12-2007, 08:46 PM
what kind of helmet camera was that? How much was it $$$ ?

Riding on the road is fun and all, but I got 20 hours of comm servace for geting caught, and trying to run. It was somewhat worth it tho, I drove by the field where there was a soft ball game wide open with a po-po chasing me with his blueies on.
But I wont get caught ever again, the cop was a prick.

Lmao, now that I recall.. he said. " have your boys been the 2 drag racing up and doun main street about an hour ago" I mean come on, who would do that.

ooo, man. good times. and people say im a good kid because I dont do drugs.

:devil:

stevo3176
01-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah get caught riding on the street in suffolk county, I'm sure you'd still say that. You do know there is a bill pending in our county that will sieze you atv first time offence if you get caught. No paying impound fees its the counties not your anymore. Plus you then get to pay for all the tickets you would get which would be over a thousand dollars. I understand the illegal riding but not riding on the street. There are alot of people working for you to get a legal riding spot on the island. But posting a video glorifying riding on the street is not going to help the cause.

440bigborekit
01-13-2007, 06:18 AM
whats that first song called?

Ruby Soho
01-13-2007, 06:57 AM
breaking benjamin - diary of jane

nice video man

ny300exrider
01-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by stevo3176
Yeah get caught riding on the street in suffolk county, I'm sure you'd still say that. You do know there is a bill pending in our county that will sieze you atv first time offence if you get caught. No paying impound fees its the counties not your anymore. Plus you then get to pay for all the tickets you would get which would be over a thousand dollars. I understand the illegal riding but not riding on the street. There are alot of people working for you to get a legal riding spot on the island. But posting a video glorifying riding on the street is not going to help the cause. im not going to argue with you because you obviously have some image in your head that we are some hoodlum kids who ride on the street for miles on end. the threat of having my quad taken isnt going to stop me from riding up the street half a mile to my spot. i've been riding here for 5 years and im not going to stop. you bring up the fact of people working to get us a legal spot....i was a regular at the liorv track before it shut down...every weekend giving money to help the cause....how bout you? we are out riding every week while everyone else cries and moans about having nowhere to ride so ill take the risk.

im not trying to be ignorant, and i understand what you mean, but its irrational to tell me to load up my trailor to take it 30 seconds away. i have so much more of a chance getting caught leaving my truck in front.

Cr85rRida
01-13-2007, 10:21 AM
nice man, where is that? PM me the spot if you want. I live in hauppauge exit 58. We should go riding sometime.

stevo3176
01-13-2007, 01:43 PM
I think we just are misunderstanding each other, I never once said to trailer anything anywhere or load anything in your truck. I just think that riding on the road is not a good idea considering the situation we are in on Li, and the public image that people wrongly have of us. I know that to get to my riding spots I could easily take a road as well but to be less of a nuisance I try to take a trail where the general public won't see me and have a reason to complain. And yes I was a member of LIORV, went to many meetings,and many suffolk county task force meetings.

MXRACER86
01-13-2007, 02:54 PM
www.islandmotocross.com ride as much as you want, no cops. :rolleyes:

ny300exrider
01-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
www.islandmotocross.com ride as much as you want, no cops. :rolleyes: thinking about it although the cost is a turn off. ill probly end up joining soon though.

MXRACER86
01-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
thinking about it although the cost is a turn off. ill probly end up joining soon though.

it's $150 for a year membership and $30 everytime you go, thats like $5.50 a day you have to save, defintly cheaper than getting your quad impounded

ny300exrider
01-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
it's $150 for a year membership and $30 everytime you go, thats like $5.50 a day you have to save, defintly cheaper than getting your quad impounded yep i know the price, i've been looking into it for alittle while now and went there to watch a practice awhilee ago. i havnt really been into mx much but im starting to want to try it out, especially with all of the talk of impounds and seizures at illegal spots around the island. my friend ryan is a regular at the track and he said since there is no snow, they are open so i think i will take a ride over and check it out whenever my manager gives me a damn day off. if all goes well you should be seeing me there soon!

mxracer-you still riding there currently or do you skip the winter months? i heard they made some atv friendly changes to the track, anything you know about?