PDA

View Full Version : will a 88 250r cool head fit a 88 cr250

justin41414
01-12-2007, 07:59 AM
well i just got a 1988 cr250 for $500 so i can have a backup for when my 2005 450r's down getting work on... its in awsome shape and runs like its brand new so i was wondering if a 1988 250r cool head would fit my 1988 cr250 ???

C-LEIGH RACING
01-12-2007, 08:19 AM
It probably could be modded to fit.
The coolant outlet on the cool head, you can see thats in a different place from the CR head, so some mod to the hose will be needed.
The two front head studs on the CR cylinder are in a different place than a TRX cylinder & those two stud holes in the cool head will need to be elongated over just a little to be able to fit down onto the cylinder.
On the under side of the cool head ( gasket surface ) where each stud hole is at, the holes will need to be counter sunk to allow room for the base of the stud. Once you pull the CR head off you will see what needs to be done to the holes.
Make sure the dome is the right size bore for the CR cylinder & use some Three Bond #1211 sealant on the gasket to keep it sealed.
Neil

Rich250RRacer
01-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
It probably could be modded to fit.
The coolant outlet on the cool head, you can see thats in a different place from the CR head, so some mod to the hose will be needed.
The two front head studs on the CR cylinder are in a different place than a TRX cylinder & those two stud holes in the cool head will need to be elongated over just a little to be able to fit down onto the cylinder.
On the under side of the cool head ( gasket surface ) where each stud hole is at, the holes will need to be counter sunk to allow room for the base of the stud. Once you pull the CR head off you will see what needs to be done to the holes.
Make sure the dome is the right size bore for the CR cylinder & use some Three Bond #1211 sealant on the gasket to keep it sealed.
Neil

The 86-91 HPP motors use two water outlets on the head, one to each radiator.