PDA

View Full Version : road legal 4 wheeling.

byrdman37876
01-11-2007, 10:56 PM
i wanted to start this post to see how many thought it would be nice to be able to ride a quad to work and stuff legaly. mabye tags, insurance etc. don't see why not as long as u don't get on interstates.not knocking rail buggy's but they are street legal as long as they have all working lights.not real bad here about riding but i know some post i read they are a real arse about it.

feel free to post your opinion.

hontrx265r
01-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Here in good old arizona, everything is street legal, even quads. I see people riding around on the road all the time. I save mine for the track and dunes. But you can even ride on the highway. I followed a longtravel rhino down the road just yesterday. I think its badass

byrdman37876
01-12-2007, 09:50 AM
wish i lived there. like i said not real bad here as long as it's backroads but i think with the proper gear and stuff they could be a little more leanent about it.

400exrider99
01-12-2007, 06:17 PM
there is a small town about 20 min from my house that allows quads on some of the roads. i would love to see all the roads to be quad legal. but i think the rules for the quads should be harsher that for cars. i think you should only get one chance, because you can get hurt much more on a quad that in a car.

Blue250X
01-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider99
there is a small town about 20 min from my house that allows quads on some of the roads. i would love to see all the roads to be quad legal. but i think the rules for the quads should be harsher that for cars. i think you should only get one chance, because you can get hurt much more on a quad that in a car.
well it would probably be like a motorcycle. but don't you have to have certain size brake discs or something? If they were going to do it they would probably apply the same rules motorcycles use. I know a guy that lives near me used to have a street legal grizzly, street tires, but last I heard the state took back his and everyone else's license? I forget the story.

tp300ex
01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
i think it would be awsome but how do u go about finding this info

byrdman37876
01-14-2007, 05:46 PM
i have'nt really found any info on it yet but i am hoping i can. i am sure there will be a bunch of bs rules of course or nothing u can do at all to ride street legal even if it is armored to the max.

MOFO
01-14-2007, 06:10 PM
To make your quad road legal (after DOT does its thing), it would no longer be a good "off road" machine... just a motorcycle with 4 tires.

firefighterjosh
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM
In Indiana you register your quad threw the DNR for $30 for 3 years and you can ride all back roads.

J//FLY
01-14-2007, 08:28 PM
it would be sweet, but i don't really like the idea of quads having signal lights

4punksdad
01-15-2007, 09:06 AM
I would pay a reasonable fee to be able to use roads. My main use would be just to access connecting trails and occassional trips to the 7-11 :)