PDA

View Full Version : Revs too high

got4low
01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey i have had a 02 660 for a year now, done my general mods and maint. I was out riding this week and riding it hard. i noticed later in the week that once the quad warms up the motor will rev way up unless i let the clutch out half way or so. but if i hold it all the way in it will rev way up again, i've adjusted the idle screw and the cables to the carb are freely moving.

tater_kamik
01-13-2007, 10:57 AM
what do you consider general mods? what about the choke, have you checked that?

tldPREDATORboy
01-13-2007, 02:39 PM
well i dont now about the raptors but on my honda and polaris there is a turn nob under the carb that u can twist to turn up or turn down the idle.does it rev high when ur riding?i really think that ur quads vibration probubly shook the idle screw up.

tater_kamik
01-13-2007, 04:08 PM
yes there is one, he also said he adjusted it

tldPREDATORboy
01-13-2007, 09:09 PM
well im just trying to help the guy.maybe ur jetting is of.or did u already check that.thanks for ur great input tater.it could be starving for fuel.

got4low
01-15-2007, 05:55 PM
yeah i've checked the carbs they are good the idle is set right, but it doesnt always rev too high, i think i may need to lube the cables. also predator boy, no offense but my girlfriend coulda given me the advice you did, try not to post the obvious crap man! also if it were starving of fuel it wouldnt rev up moron

tldPREDATORboy
01-16-2007, 07:33 AM
boy u raptor guys are all ignorant as s's.maybe ur raptor is just junk.have u checkt that possability.

quadfamily
01-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Predatorboy,
You're better off just staying out of the raptor forum altogether. Since there seems to be a bit of a rivalry there they probably won't take you seriously anyway. I know it's a free world and there are no rules to make you stay out of the raptor forum but it looks like they don't appreciate you so why bother?

tldPREDATORboy
01-16-2007, 08:18 AM
its sad wjhen u try and help someone out and they cut ur throught.allright what ever.

quadfamily
01-16-2007, 08:36 AM
I agree!

tater_kamik
01-17-2007, 11:07 AM
TLD-
i wasnt trying to cut your throat, i just stated that he said he checked that. and i dont care about the whole pred vs raptor thing. i think its stupid so im sorry if i came off like an arse.

sometimes its the little things that get ya.

is it colder out than you have had it before? meaning since the last time you rejetted is it colder than it was? you may need to change your idle jets. i run 27.5's in mine and it still idles pretty high (which is what i like)

300exryder
01-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Tap the side of the carb where you adjust the idle - slides might be stuck! Happened once or twice to me...