PDA

View Full Version : more horsepower

300_dude
01-11-2007, 08:52 PM
on my 01 honda 300ex if I wanted to install a high compression piston will it start running hot? I really dont know that much about what is good for it. can anyone explain me the difference in the pistons as far as if this piston is 0.60 and this one is 0.80. I have no clue about that. I mostly use it for trails but I also like to ride around a lot. so I need my top end also. should I get a big sprocket in the rear and small one in the front and get a top end kit or how does that work. can anyone please tell me. thanks a lot

250X_project
01-12-2007, 09:19 PM
A high compression piston will cause more heat, but it shouldn't run too hot with the standard bore. You can always get an oil cooler if need be.

.060, .080 etc... is the size of the piston. Those are the overbores, for when the cylinder gets too scratched to hone.

A big sprocket in rear, and/or small in front will give you LESS top speed, but more low end torque. The opposite goes for bigger front/smaller rear. *up 1 tooth in front = down 3 teeth in rear* So just leave the rear sprocket unless in need of replacing. I'd suggest a 14T front sprocket, and leave the rear alone, for starters for you. Good luck. ;)