PDA

View Full Version : Kazuma/Maxam 50cc clutch troubles.

Riven
01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
My sons new automatic 50cc bike has almost now take off power. It will just barly begin to move at 1/2 throtle.:mad:

At WOT it will still loose power on my back lawn & its almost flat. On paved roads its VERY fast but just has no lowend power.:grr:

Can i change the springs in the clutch to help this?
I have already gone from a 14 tooth to a 12 tooth drive sprocket & may swith the 37t for a 42t on the rear.

Could the clutch be messed up?

Please help!

spliffy
01-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Could be the clutch, but I rteally doubt it. Its not a Kazuma, they only come in 50cc 4 speed semi & 90cc auto, they do this because the 50cc autos have no low end power. If you can I would bring it back to the dealer & ask for a 70cc auto or a semi auto 50cc, most 50cc auto Chinese machines have NO low end torque & this is what it sounds like you have.

Riven
01-12-2007, 05:21 PM
I was told that kazuma makes the maxam line of atvs?:huh

As for returning it i cant as my wife actually won it this x mas.:D & it comes with no waranty. I would sell it & upgrade but i cant sell something that wont work just so i can have one that will.

So it looks like im stuck changing gear ratios on it then.

I did just find a 70cc upgrade kit for it, & its only $80 so i think that will also be on my todo list for spring

spliffy
01-13-2007, 02:28 PM
I have never heard of that before. The only real way to tell if its mfg'd by Kazuma, is look at the vin# & if it starts with LWO or KZM its a Kazuma. It should also say Stannic Manufacturing on the vin plate, this is who makes Kazuma products.

Riven
01-13-2007, 05:51 PM
You are right! It does not have any of those three identifieres on it.
But i did find this on the web.

MAXAM Motor Corporation is an Authorized Kazuma distributor and carries the largest inventory of Kazuma parts in Canada. For Kazuma ATV parts & service inquiries please contact MAXAM Motor Corporation at...

spliffy
01-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Yep....but that doesn't mean that they only sell Kazuma... we are a Kazuma Distributer & dealer....but we carry many other brands & models as well. I can only tell you that if it doesn't say Stannic on it anywhere, its something else & Kazuma doesn't make a single speed 50cc auto. Sounds like you paid the right price for it... free heh. If you want, look into a Kazuma 50cc 4 speed semi auto engine from Maxam, it will help out a ton & should be right around $250 USD... just a thought, everythihng else you have should work (cdi, carb, exhaust, reg etc etc)& it should bolt right up, for $250 you have a nice atv that has tons of lowend & you are set, otherswise you may just have to deal with the no lowend thing on a single speed auto. Change the rear sprocket it will surely help it out.

spliffy
01-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Also, I would be sceptical of the 70cc kit helping out that much....this will not change your gearing & thats is the problem you are having... you can put a 110cc topend on it & if its geared wrong it won't pull up a hill of beans...just a word to the wise on that one...If you can get the rear sprocket, I think I would try that first & go from there. :)

Riven
01-15-2007, 07:25 PM
I plan to modify a 42 tooth sprocket from a Honda XL 100 S on my bike as i cant find a 428 sprocket that will fit.

The 70cc kit will only happen if i get the bike geared properly as a 50cc. Then when my son out grows the power of the 50 iwill go to the 70 kit.

Do you know a good place to get gears that might bolt right on to my bike?

Riven
01-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by spliffy
Also, I would be sceptical of the 70cc kit helping out that much....this will not change your gearing & thats is the problem you are having... you can put a 110cc topend on it & if its geared wrong it won't pull up a hill of beans...just a word to the wise on that one...If you can get the rear sprocket, I think I would try that first & go from there. :)

Is it possible to put a 110cc topend onto my bike? Or atleast a 90cc?

spliffy
01-17-2007, 04:03 PM
I am not positive because I am not sure of the actual atv you have, our 50cc motors will accept up to a 70cc jug & head, but this is our motors & haven't tried anything larger or other engine mfgs. Wish I could be more help but don't want to tell you false info without knowing exactly what motor & setup you have. I do have 90cc single speed auto engines in stock that are geared good internally & could sell you for around $300 plus shipping USD. This would include the bit larger carb, but nothing else, everything else should fit.